Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern  (Read 12673 times)

mac

• View Profile
Re: Southwestern
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 11:26:07 AM »
Does anyone know when they start taking people off the waitlist?

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 10:41:48 PM »
I don't think a couple hundred is bad at all considering all the people who applied. I'm still hoping I will get in and off the waitlist. I want in bad!
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »
Does anyone know, from previous years, how many people usually get off the waitlist?

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 02:30:12 PM »
I am going crazy...I was doing some google searching and I found somewhere in 1994 out of 300 they had called 25 so I was like :'(  :( I have a question though, I am really worried about all the loans that I have to get. Since there are actually few law schools including UCLA in LA so I assume the competition is going to be crazy...at the same time I really want to get in.

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »
I also saw that statistic where 20 or so got called back out of 300 on the waitlist. I wouldn't read into that as a reliable indicator because it doesn't take into account the number of people who withdraw their names from the waitlist. It could be possible, though highly unlikely, that 275 people took their names off the list.

I'm trying to stay positive here and I'm definitely willing to wait it out and see if I get lucky.

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 04:32:52 PM »
BTW, is SW better than TJ in San Diego? They are both T4, but I think the statistic for SW is better...

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »
I also saw that statistic where 20 or so got called back out of 300 on the waitlist. I wouldn't read into that as a reliable indicator because it doesn't take into account the number of people who withdraw their names from the waitlist. It could be possible, though highly unlikely, that 275 people took their names off the list.

I'm trying to stay positive here and I'm definitely willing to wait it out and see if I get lucky.

That is true...It just feels like the time stopped for me :( I really hope I get into..

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 05:57:52 PM »
BTW, is SW better than TJ in San Diego? They are both T4, but I think the statistic for SW is better...

Yeah, SW is better than TJ to the best of my knowledge. SW was in the 3rd tier according to U.S. News in 2008, but for some reason they've moved down to tier 4. Thomas Jefferson is where I'll be attending this fall unless I hear some good news from SW.

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
Anyone hear any news?

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »
NO. I don't think we would hear anything till end of July