Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Yield Protect?  (Read 437 times)

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Brooklyn Yield Protect?
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »
I haven't heard anything from Brooklyn yet.  My friend, with a slightly higher LSAT, got contacted from them last week and was asked if she was still interested.  So is this the strategy?  Not having to risk people getting in and not enrolling?  And I guess they move from the "better" applicants backwards?

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklyn Yield Protect?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »
I haven't heard anything from Brooklyn yet.  My friend, with a slightly higher LSAT, got contacted from them last week and was asked if she was still interested.  So is this the strategy?  Not having to risk people getting in and not enrolling?  And I guess they move from the "better" applicants backwards?

This is a tacky strategy being used by multiple schools.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 03:21:02 PM »
At least at Brooklyn if you let them know you're interested, you are admitted nearly immediately.  (I was waitlisted, wrote a short email of continuing interest, received a call the next day offering me admission, and had a full ride scholarship a week later.)
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 03:30:01 PM »

I'm wondering if it is more prevalent this year than in other years?  A lot of people seem to be experiencing this (and a lot of them seem to be NYC schools...)

dekocards

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • stats
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 03:33:56 PM »

I'm wondering if it is more prevalent this year than in other years?  A lot of people seem to be experiencing this (and a lot of them seem to be NYC schools...)

American asked me to express interest twice.  Three times if you count the $70 application fee.  Nothing turned me off to a school more than this move.

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 04:30:42 PM »
Yup, she was admitted soon afterwards.  I think she is gonna take 30K at NYLS instead.  I'm just worried I have heard nothing.  I guess it's probably a Waitlist or PT offer for me.  I think Cardozo is doing this stuff also.

MissP - full scholarship after WL?  I'm assuming that is a very rare occurrence, but obviously great for you.