Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOCI Question  (Read 279 times)

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LOCI Question
« on: April 21, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »
I know there are a few threads that address this issue, but I couldn't find what I'm looking for.  I've been waitlisted to two schools.  Both of the schools sent business reply envelopes with checklists i'm supposed to fill out.

Here are some questions I have
1: They just asked me to fill out the checklist, should I still do a LOCI?
2: Should I mention any other schools that I've been accepted to?
3: If I have the opportunity to visit the school before I send the LOCI should I?
4: Should I explain family and job connections to the school's area?
5: My diversity and job experience were highlighted during the application process, should I rehash those things?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

EDIT:  Question 3 is a bit fuzzy.  I meant to as if I should visit the school before or after I send the LOCI.  Would it be smart to mention the visit in the letter to show interest?

rmdvu05

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: LOCI Question
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:50:16 PM »
I guess it depends on how badly you want to go to these schools. Would you definitely go if admitted? If so, tell them that in an LOCI, and maybe pick something you didn't focus too much on in the rest of your app to write about, like family and job connections to the area. I'd also make a visit to the school if its your top choice. I recently did this and think it makes a big difference. No need to mention other acceptances.