Law School Discussion

Lenovo Laptop Question

Re: Lenovo Laptop Question
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 11:08:52 PM »
I snapped up a deal on a clearance Dell XPS at work for my sister.

Core 2 duo 1.66
8400gs 128meg
N wireless
160gig hd
bluetooth
fingerprint reader
webcam

$599.99

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 08:08:23 AM »
I've had a T42 for 3+ years now (4 in December) and I love it.  I did have a fan failure about a year ago, but I purchased the 9x5 next business day service so they came out and fixed it right away.  I looked at it and I'm pretty sure it was just full of dust and couldn't spin up. 

I highly suggest that you avoid Vista if you can.  Its a bloated OS that will need time for bugs to be worked out and hardware to evolve to support it.  XP had the same problem, but now I consider it "seasoned" well enough.  If you really want to run Vista, run it on a Mac.  :-)

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 08:14:31 AM »
Hey, FYI I posted the new coupon code over on "The Law School Laptop" thread. Additional 10-15% off through April 27.

Enjoy.I love my x61!

RonnieLee

• LSAT 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »
Unless you stop buying stuff at all, you'd be supporting "Communist Regime" in China one way or another.
You can sometimes find good sales on Thinkpads. I recently bought a t61 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo / 2 GB RAM / WinXP Pro for $1200 shipped, and it came in less than a week.

I second the T61. If you want to buy Lenovo, it's not a bad get. Despite the fact that you're directly supporting the Communist Regime in China when you do so. ;)

(When you buy other computers you're only indirectly supporting communism in China.)

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »
tigerdirect.com has some good sales on Lenovo's...

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »
tigerdirect.com has some good sales on Lenovo's...

Do not do business with TigerDirect.

(Each word is a link, pay special attention to the last one.)

TITCR.  Tiger Direct is not a very good company even though they've been in business for a very long time (I remember getting their catalog as far back as 1993).  In general, Newegg.com is the recommended vendor for all your PC hardware and software needs.