Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lenovo Laptop Question  (Read 1864 times)

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Lenovo Laptop Question
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 01:08:52 AM »
I snapped up a deal on a clearance Dell XPS at work for my sister.

Core 2 duo 1.66
8400gs 128meg
N wireless
160gig hd
bluetooth
fingerprint reader
webcam

$599.99

difinity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:08:23 AM »
I've had a T42 for 3+ years now (4 in December) and I love it.  I did have a fan failure about a year ago, but I purchased the 9x5 next business day service so they came out and fixed it right away.  I looked at it and I'm pretty sure it was just full of dust and couldn't spin up. 

I highly suggest that you avoid Vista if you can.  Its a bloated OS that will need time for bugs to be worked out and hardware to evolve to support it.  XP had the same problem, but now I consider it "seasoned" well enough.  If you really want to run Vista, run it on a Mac.  :-)
160 / ~3

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 10:14:31 AM »
Hey, FYI I posted the new coupon code over on "The Law School Laptop" thread. Additional 10-15% off through April 27.

Enjoy.I love my x61!

RonnieLee

• LSAT 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 10:59:46 AM »
Unless you stop buying stuff at all, you'd be supporting "Communist Regime" in China one way or another.
You can sometimes find good sales on Thinkpads. I recently bought a t61 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo / 2 GB RAM / WinXP Pro for $1200 shipped, and it came in less than a week.

I second the T61. If you want to buy Lenovo, it's not a bad get. Despite the fact that you're directly supporting the Communist Regime in China when you do so. ;)

(When you buy other computers you're only indirectly supporting communism in China.)

justadreamer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 02:35:17 PM »
tigerdirect.com has some good sales on Lenovo's...

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 12:41:09 AM »
tigerdirect.com has some good sales on Lenovo's...

Do not do business with TigerDirect.

(Each word is a link, pay special attention to the last one.)

TITCR.  Tiger Direct is not a very good company even though they've been in business for a very long time (I remember getting their catalog as far back as 1993).  In general, Newegg.com is the recommended vendor for all your PC hardware and software needs.
CLS 2011.  All done.