Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: -  (Read 12760 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW Class of 2011
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »
oh, and im not sure what they do, i just know they are really a close group.  Everyone seems to know everyone.  I didnt join cause Im not latino, but it seems like a great group.  My friends that are in it are great.  I feel like they probably just have some social events.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »
Yeah, if you get below a 3.0 at GW you will have bigger problems on your plate.  No worries, it won't happen.

Thorc, I thought 3.25 was the median, is it 3.2?

yea, i dont know, i thought it was around a 3.2, it might be higher though.  you might be right.  Either way, I cry if I get below a 3.7, lol.

You have a 3.7 thorc?  You seriously must be socially retarded then if you struggled to get an offer.  My buddy in the PT program had a 3.5 or 3.6 and he had 10+ offers.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »
1Lman=2Lman?

and, reread my post, i said i cry when i get below a 3.7 :) not that i dont get below that.  Nah, I had right below that during oci, but i had very little else going for me.

Ive noticed the part time kids seem to have better luck getting offers for some reason (maybe the work experience or whatever).  All of my part time friends (now fulltime) got offers in big firms.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »
Yeah, I wish I could switch and graduate early.  @#!* law school haha.  Oh well, it's nice to have minimal debt.

I still think you are likely socially special.

Yes, 1Lman = 2Lman, but stupid lawschooldiscussion keeps switching it for some reason.  This site is all jacked up.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 03:01:16 PM »
you really shouldnt have a problem being in the top 1/3

haha and when did you start drinking the juice?

how much are they paying you? ;)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »
Agreed, don't make it sound so easy to be top 1/3 at GW.  It gets more and more competitive with each incoming class.

Either way, quit freaking out 0L girl.... Are you hot by the way?  In my mind you are hot lol.

You will do fine.  Just roll with it.  That's all you can do, no matter where you go.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm involved anyway, but that doesn't change my curiosity.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 03:14:18 PM »
Agreed, don't make it sound so easy to be top 1/3 at GW.  It gets more and more competitive with each incoming class.

Either way, quit freaking out 0L girl.... Are you hot by the way?  In my mind you are hot lol.

You will do fine.  Just roll with it.  That's all you can do, no matter where you go.

hahah, it really isnt hard to be in the top 1/3 here though.  you are a different story obviously since you have the outside time commitments and get screwed by the part time kids that dont work while in school.  I really dont think its hard to do well if you put the work in here. 

she is hot in my mind too.

and no, im not socially special, im pretty much socially normal.  only problem is i really didnt have any good reasons why i wanted to work at one firm over the other and i figured id be honest and let them no that i couldnt distinguish between the two.  I should have done more research on the firms, but i was just banking on the idea that i would get in somewhere and be fine and since they are all the same it wouldnt matter where.  plus, the no journal thing kind of hurt me.  I just didnt sell myself well enough to the firms.

if i could do it over, i think i would have better luck, but honestly i just wasnt into it last year.  i wanted to work for a big firm, but wasnt able to articulate why.  owell, i got a great offer from an amazing place and will be content if i get the opportunity to stay on there. 

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »
Thorc, you can't say it isn't hard to be in the top 1/3 lol.  The reality is 2/3's of the class don't make it there lol.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 03:39:11 PM »
Thorc, you can't say it isn't hard to be in the top 1/3 lol.  The reality is 2/3's of the class don't make it there lol.

hahah, but 1/3 does :) and id say at least 1/3 of the class doesnt really care where they end up anyway.  So, it is not that hard to be in the top 1/3 (obviously im excluding your situation as I feel like you get screwed and cannot compete on a level playing field with people that arent actually working).