Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Law Part-time VS. Villanova Full Time  (Read 2299 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklyn Law Part-time VS. Villanova Full Time
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
MissP - Brooklyn get tons of bad press on other sites for poor job placement.  Do you see many of those complaints among the students there?

Frankly, no.  I know people who have federal clerkships and biglaw jobs and government jobs and non-profit jobs, and they all seem pretty happy.  I do know some people who are still looking, but then again, I have friends at Yale who are still looking too.  None of them seem despairing, and they are all pretty confident they'll find something based on their experiences in the job market thus far.  Most of my friends are top-half, on a journal or moot court, but not necessarily top 10%/LR/etc.

I do hear a lot of complaints that the career services office is overly focused on placements in big firms and therefore ignores people who are at the bottom of the class.  Since I have never once met with my career service advisor (there's a dedicated public service person to whom I would turn for any advice or assistance), I can't comment on this too extensively.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

lawgirl21

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »
Can anyone who currently attends or attended Villanova Law comment on quality of life/students/profs?  Thanks!
GPA: 3.6
LSAT: 154, then 159

lawgirl21

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 03:12:09 PM »
Anyone?  I'd really like to hear about life at villanova and i have to decide very soon because deposits are coming due.  Thanks again

jfields32

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »
Anyone?  I'd really like to hear about life at villanova and i have to decide very soon because deposits are coming due.  Thanks again

I'm going to visit on Saturday. I'll snap a couple pictures and post my impressions.

lawgirl21

• View Profile
Re: NEED TO DECIDE ASAP!! Brooklyn Law Part-time VS. Villanova Full Time-
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »
Thanks..I appreciate that...I'd just really like to also hear from people who have graduated from or currently attend Villanova Law School.  I just would like to get a sense of the students, profs, and quality of life before I make a decision and send in a deposit to either school.  They're about equal on ranking and money after, so this isn't as much of a concern to me.  I really just want to know where I would enjoy my time more, and where I'd feel more welcomed/happy.

lawnecon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 02:56:52 PM »
Hi - I'm a 2L at VLS - I don't have a lot of time since we're in the midst of finals/take home exams. PM me if you have any specific questions, and I'll try to get back to you quickly.

Also, check out my old posts from last year. I provided info to prospective students last year in a number of posts - including a breakdown of school's employment figures.

Best of luck.
Villanova Law School Class of '09

"I don't believe in nothing, no more - I'm going to law school!" Jimbo Jones (The Simpsons)