Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law: Class of 2011  (Read 3860 times)

zander3502

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law: Class of 2011
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
That sucks!  I'm also far away from Columbus and still waiting to hear about on campus housing.  Hopefully we'll know by the end of this month what's available.  This is kind of a pain.

osutennisguy04

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 04:08:07 PM »
I will be attending Moritz this fall and I am really excited. As far as housing, its tough. I'm looking for one bedroom options but maybe in the next couple months I may find a cool person to live with. I did OSU for undergrad so if anyone has any questions about Columbus or Ohio State feel free to email me at clark.1168@osu.edu or search that email address on facebook.

Brutus "The Buckeye" Beefcake

• No relation to Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 07:04:46 PM »
Facebook group for the Moritz class of 2011...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19419861054&ref=mf

Join the group and we can all mingle  ;D
I am THE Ohio State University Troll.

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
  • All reality. None of it scripted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 01:07:38 AM »
I am also attending Moritz Law this fall...

I, too, looked at staying at the South Campus Gateway, but it is very expensive. The studio was $735. I checked it out and it was the same size or smaller than a hotel room. And that doesn't include electricity/water/etc.

(After getting my award notification and seeing that they want students "to live modestly," I can't for the life of me figure out why they charge so much at SCG, especially since it's not really a great area.)

I'm about 4 hours from Columbus, and I've been down there a few times already to check it out. Forrent.com and apartmentfinder.com are good resources, as are some apartment ratings sites: http://www.apartmentreviews.net/read-reviews.htm and http://www.apartmentratings.com/

I'm actually looking at staying a little bit further out from the immediate campus area. There is a decent looking place right where 23 South connects with several highways: 71, 270, 315. It seems to be a convenient location near Polaris. The place is Central Park and 1 bedrooms run in the high $600s. I'm hoping to find somebody to room with for my second year to save on rent...

Being from Michigan, I'm hoping that there are some people well versed in the Columbus area.. especially with food! :) I know there is an Italian town someplace around there.

forbes19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 10:49:12 AM »
I found this link helpful:

http://usg.osu.edu/posts/USG%202007-2008%20Renting%20Guide.pdf

Also, I would highly suggest looking for a place near the busline. Bus rides are free for students and very convenient, especially considering Ohio's gas prices!

Brutus "The Buckeye" Beefcake

• No relation to Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »
I found this link helpful:

http://usg.osu.edu/posts/USG%202007-2008%20Renting%20Guide.pdf

Also, I would highly suggest looking for a place near the busline. Bus rides are free for students and very convenient, especially considering Ohio's gas prices!

Thanks so much for that link!

Although gas prices in Ohio can't possibly be worse than the prices in Cali ($4 a gallon  :o)
I am THE Ohio State University Troll.

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 10:05:17 PM »
Oddly enough, I went down to Columbus last week and paid $3.38. The next day, it was $3.79. Now it is $3.99 here in Flint.

I got a package from Moritz with housing info. I thought that was a nice touch.

osutennisguy04

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 09:58:16 AM »

Being from Michigan, I'm hoping that there are some people well versed in the Columbus area.. especially with food! :) I know there is an Italian town someplace around there.

Columbus is amazing with food! Every possible type imaginable. If we have time to eat.

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »

Columbus is amazing with food! Every possible type imaginable. If we have time to eat.

LOL nice. I was more thinking "if I can afford it."

Honestly, going out to eat with friends is going to have to be one thing I have to keep my sanity...