Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Weirdo Florida Coastal Email  (Read 7116 times)

Kevin.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Weirdo Florida Coastal Email
« on: April 19, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »
So I got this weird stalker-ish email just now from Florida Coastal:

Hello Kevin,

I was looking at your LSAC file today and noticed that your LSAT score of 171 and 3.27 GPA and other academic accomplishments qualify you for admission to our August '08 entering class. Fortunately, we still have some scholarship funds available, and your LSAT and GPA qualify you for a merit scholarship in the amount of $ per year.

Would you like to study in Jacksonville, a charming coastal city with wonderful weather? We have a lot of students from New England and we'd love for you to join them.

Please reply to this email or give me a call at (904) 680-7711 so we can talk more about this opportunity. By the way, I am willing to wave your application fee.

I will be working this weekend so feel free to contact me.

Steve

Stephen M. Jones
Director of Admissions
Florida Coastal School of Law
8787 Baypine Road, Jacksonville FL 32256
sjones@fcsl.edu
www.fcsl.edu
T 904.680.7711
F 904.680.7692

The weird part is that there was no amount after the dollar sign!  I qualify for a dollar sign scholarship - yay!!  Anybody else get this email?  Anybody have an actual amount after the dollar sign?
Vandy Law 2011

gatornation

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Weirdo Florida Coastal Email
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »
That's not the weirdest part at all.. the weirdest part is that the words Jacksonville and charming showed up in the same sentence.
Vanderbilt Law Class of '11

antaresvi

• Sr. Citizen
  • law school.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 04:41:30 PM »
No, the weird part was this from the bottom of the email

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Confidential Information.
The information contained in or attached to this e-mail may be confidential information subject to protection by law or terms of applicable confidentiality agreements, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you should destroy this message and notify the sender by reply email mentioning the code T1214-NO.

Seriously? "Destroy this message" and secret codes? I feel like inspector gadget...

Steve Jones

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
So I got this weird stalker-ish email just now from Florida Coastal:

Hello Kevin,

I was looking at your LSAC file today and noticed that your LSAT score of 171 and 3.27 GPA and other academic accomplishments qualify you for admission to our August '08 entering class. Fortunately, we still have some scholarship funds available, and your LSAT and GPA qualify you for a merit scholarship in the amount of $ per year.

Would you like to study in Jacksonville, a charming coastal city with wonderful weather? We have a lot of students from New England and we'd love for you to join them.

Please reply to this email or give me a call at (904) 680-7711 so we can talk more about this opportunity. By the way, I am willing to wave your application fee.

I will be working this weekend so feel free to contact me.

Steve

Stephen M. Jones
Director of Admissions
Florida Coastal School of Law
8787 Baypine Road, Jacksonville FL 32256
sjones@fcsl.edu
www.fcsl.edu
T 904.680.7711
F 904.680.7692

The weird part is that there was no amount after the dollar sign!  I qualify for a dollar sign scholarship - yay!!  Anybody else get this email?  Anybody have an actual amount after the dollar sign?

But I'm willing to wave your application fee!  Doesn't that mean anything to you?!?

We have many people from your state that attend our school!

gclemen1

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »
I got that too.  its like the 3rd message I have gotten from FC.  I blocked it as spam this time.

gatornation

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »
It's strange, I live in Florida and I've never received one of these.  Maybe they just don't have very many students from my state? I do get spammed by Detroit Mercy for some reason.
Vanderbilt Law Class of '11

VBVAZRockz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »
They don't offer too much money~
YLS'11

Brutus "The Buckeye" Beefcake

• No relation to Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »
I got this email too...
I am THE Ohio State University Troll.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 06:26:28 PM »
I responded, "That's not my GPA. Can I have a 200.000 Euro stipend to go along with my "scholarship in the amount of $ per year"?"

I was fine with it the first time, but it's now spam. And there was even the typo where he left off the actual amount. He responded to my a-hole email to tell me it was "$20,000 US". Either he didn't get that I was just being an ass, or he's smartly not playing games with me.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 06:29:31 PM »
He just sent another one.

Hello JNSL,

In my previous message I didn't include the scholarship amount, so I writing to you again to confirm that your LSAT score of 169 and 3.34 GPA qualify you for a merit scholarship of $$15,000 per year.

Steve

I responded, "But you just told me it was for $20,000."
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011