Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Chicago Class of 2011  (Read 98545 times)

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2011
« Reply #790 on: December 14, 2008, 09:40:40 AM »
 :P

Are the 2Ls anxious about finals at all?  Even in this economy, it seems like it would be an afterthought after all the clinic/journal/moot court/RA things you do.

MP

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 14, 2008, 10:57:16 PM »

Are the 2Ls anxious about finals at all?  Even in this economy, it seems like it would be an afterthought after all the clinic/journal/moot court/RA things you do.

Nope. No exams this quarter.  :)

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #792 on: December 14, 2008, 11:03:31 PM »

Nope. No exams this quarter.  :)

hate. hate. hate. more hate. as i'm a 3L, i'm supposed to not really care, but i'm a perfectionist, so this last week has been hell.

1Ls, because i'm an idiot, i basically did three classes every quarter last year. this was a horrible decision that has resulted in my having four classes and four finals this quarter (because i need the units to graduate) and next quarter. i have evidently forgotten how to do four finals a quarter and i've also had messed up laptop (with occasionally malfunctioning space-bar) and dead car battery. for the love of god, take more classes 2L year and learn how to take classes that don't require exams so you won't be me.

/end rant. i still have two more to go.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:28 PM »
Hmm . . . I just realized I misread the 2006 Elements exam and made some silly assumptions that lead me astray.  Too bad he doesn't have a memo.

I'm surprisingly nervous about tomorrow's exam -- more than CivPro.  I think that the curve will be pretty tough for Strauss.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #794 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:28 PM »
Claire, why'd you only take 3 classes/quarter last year?

well first quarter i had a seminar and three classes. winter, i was music director for the law school musical and figured that would take up a lot of time (it did). spring, i had this idea that i would write my substantial paper for my winter class that i took (however, since she gave us all extensions until the last possible due date in may 2009, again, that did not happen).  thank god one of my spring classes was one substantial out of the way.....

MP

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 15, 2008, 04:15:26 AM »
I only took 9 credits this quarter.  A bunch of older students recommended that first quarter 2L is a good time to take a lighter courseload cause of interviewing, journal stuff, etc.  Made sense to me.

Me too.  I got lucky with my classes - two seminars (one I'm totally done, the other I have to edit blog posts I had to do over the quarter and submit on Wednesday), a class that I'm doing a substantial for, and a workshop which is year-long, and also for a substantial.  Hopefully I won't have to do substantials 3L after all this.

but if it makes you guys feel better, I'm leaving for home in a few hours, and home is currently at -20 degrees

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 15, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »
That was crap.  I am pretty pissed.  He's going to have to do some henious differentiation among students.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 15, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »
That was crap.  I am pretty pissed.  He's going to have to do some henious differentiation among students.

You're mad because it was too easy?

Sweetie, drink champagne and shut up.  Seriously.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 15, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »

You're mad because it was too easy?

Sweetie, drink champagne and shut up.  Seriously.

Isn't that a better reason than it was too hard?  There were probably some twists in there, as hipcathobbes ventured, but he'll probably have to make some arbitrary distinctions between students.

I agree with the drinking champagne and shutting up.  I'm definitely living up to what the party e-mail said.  But.  But.  A 3L told me you guys got a party after first quarter, with champagne and mimosas, and we don't because Dixon scheduled a later exam.  (And possibly the economy.)

ETA: If this wasn't on a curve, like in undergrad, I obviously wouldn't be complaining about ease.  But I feel like he also threw us for a loop because his 05, 06, and even 07 practice exams were at least moderately difficult.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 15, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
Are any non-1Ls going to Regents party?  Should be a good time.   :P