Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Chicago Class of 2011  (Read 98775 times)

ulpian246

• View Profile
University of Chicago Class of 2011
« on: April 19, 2008, 12:24:46 PM »
I just dropped my response letter in the mail.  Anyone else make up their minds for the maroons yet?

cerise

• View Profile
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »
I haven't officially made up my mind about where I'm going, but I am almost 90% sure that I will be heading to Chicago in the fall.  Do you have an idea of where you are going to live?

treefity350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:02:56 PM »
Yep, just decided on Chicago last week. I'm excited. Is there a facebook group or something?
Remember when I was at the picnic - the company picnic - and I hit the ball over the fence? You guys didn't think I'd catch it too but I did. I'm fast as s**t - 17 stolen bases in '72, 18 in '91.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 01:26:20 PM »
Yep, just decided on Chicago last week. I'm excited. Is there a facebook group or something?

There seems to be a group on Facebook called "University of Chicago Law School Class of 2011" with 74 members.

Also, bienvenue.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 01:51:20 PM »

There seems to be a group on Facebook called "University of Chicago Law School Class of 2011" with 74 members.

Also, bienvenue.

Tag
U of C 2010

neverold

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 05:02:51 PM »
Oooh! Me, too!  I finally decided.  I'll update my signature at some point...

Any females looking to live in Regents?  I'm looking for a roomie :)

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 12:45:41 PM »
Hi.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

cerise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
Oooh! Me, too!  I finally decided.  I'll update my signature at some point...

Any females looking to live in Regents?  I'm looking for a roomie :)

I've just started looking around for housing options, and I have to admit that Regents is very tempting.  Neverold- are you definately set on Regents and have you looked at the place in person?  For me, its down to the luxery of Regents and the convience of New Grad. 

treefity350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 03:17:29 PM »
I found a place WAY nicer than Regents in the same area for less $$. I would recommend looking on Craigslist because good housing is plentiful in Hyde Park.
Remember when I was at the picnic - the company picnic - and I hit the ball over the fence? You guys didn't think I'd catch it too but I did. I'm fast as s**t - 17 stolen bases in '72, 18 in '91.

ulpian246

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »
I think I'm going to go with Regents.  The facilities are awesome (the view from the Summit Club is breathtaking), the bus is extremely convenient (door to door service) and the prices aren't too bad if you split a 2BR.  Plus, it sounds like its extremely convenient to have 50 or so other law students close enough you can visit in your PJs during finals week.  I might move up north 2L or 3L, or to somewhere else in Hyde Park, but with a colorful as the neighborhood can be I think I'd rather wait until i've lived there to figure out the best places.