Law School Discussion

Interesting question

cc1t

Re: Interesting question
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2004, 08:01:23 AM »
I work for a credit card company, and a few days ago I had to get some info for an atty representing his client who was a card member, he referred to himself as Dr. XXXX... So I referred to him as that, but he seemed really sleazy and his insistence on being referred to as Dr. because he graduated from some TTT and was scamming some lady didn't help the sleaze factor.  You can use Dr.- but who the hell would?  Get a PHD if you want to be called Dr.

Bruner

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2004, 08:23:05 AM »
Only regional college professors that teach without a phd, but with a jd call themselves Dr's.  Get your Doctorate of Law if you want to be called a Doctor.

lexylit

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 02:22:16 PM »
my high school chemistry teacher actually billed herself as mrs. arendt esq. she was C-R-A-Z-Y

but we all referred to her as esquire

jgruber

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2004, 02:26:14 PM »
I"m going to use Dr. in correspondence with my family.  They always wanted a doctor in the family.

runnin_skeerd

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2004, 03:29:23 PM »
I've dealt with lawyers for many years, I've never met an attorney that used the title Dr. in correspondence or in reference to their degrees.  Most that I've dealt with use J.D. after their names and only a couple use ", Esq.".

I plan to use "Dr. runnin_skeerd, G.E.D., B.A., J.D., Esq."   ;D