Law School Discussion

Harvard Diversity Essay

AlanShore

• One day...
    • View Profile
Harvard Diversity Essay
« on: August 16, 2005, 05:30:31 PM »
I have a 1 page essay that I'm submitting to U Mich for diversity regarding my middle eastern heritage (i'm 3rd generation) and my seizure disorder that has been controlled for almost 4 years.  Should I include it in my Harvard app. or should I just hope for the best with just my regular PS and resume?

squilla

• UW Fall '06
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Harvard Diversity Essay
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 09:12:46 PM »
I have a 1 page essay that I'm submitting to U Mich for diversity regarding my middle eastern heritage (i'm 3rd generation) and my seizure disorder that has been controlled for almost 4 years.  Should I include it in my Harvard app. or should I just hope for the best with just my regular PS and resume?

read the last page of the Harvard app, second to last paragraph I believe, where it talks about the PS.  That should help you make your decision.

AlanShore

• One day...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:38:10 PM »
Yeah, I did.  I just wanted to get people's opinions on if it would help or hurt.

BigSplitDC

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 08:42:44 PM »
I like the blatant pandering and overly self-confident statement under your posts.... :o

AlanShore

• One day...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 11:29:40 AM »
I've worked hard to get where I am, and I'm just stating my opinion....and I would be confident if my LSAT was higher.  I don't think I'll get into harvard because they won't let my LSAT in.

LAS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »
Throw it in. I am submitting a diversity statement and personal statement to all my applications, expect Yale probably. I don't think an extra statement can hurt, and most schools want to know what you can add to their student body in terms of different types of diversity.

BigSplitDC

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 02:11:33 PM »
I've worked hard to get where I am, and I'm just stating my opinion....and I would be confident if my LSAT was higher.  I don't think I'll get into harvard because they won't let my LSAT in.

just playin...

but success need not throw modesty out the window