Law School Discussion

Varying diffulculty on the bar

ruskiegirl

Re: Varying diffulculty on the bar
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 01:13:21 AM »
I lean so far left that I often fall over.   ;)

lexylit

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 12:06:50 PM »
it takes far fewer to constitute a brothel in rhode island... like, 4.

Ginatio

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 12:15:32 PM »
The fridge thing is probably aimed at central PA hicks (supposedly the klan is huge in central PA).

The brothel thing is hilarious since every single sorrority house is apparently legally classifiable as a brothel--not that they haven't always been socially classifiable as such. ZING!

As for the state run liquor stores... yea. those are a pain. they run tight hours, too, and are closed on sundays. they're not communists, they're facists... bastards

PA: (Just for you, Ginatio):
It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel. However up to 120 men can live together, without breaking the law.

All liquor stores must be run by the state. [See, they're communists too.  You don't need to go all the way to Boalt for that!] :-*

lexylit

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 02:29:20 PM »
WATCH IT ginatio. we sorority girls are going to make some fiercely good attorneys and you will rue the day you messed with us

dta

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 03:55:05 PM »
It's funny. I've talked to several practicing attorneys from several different states and invariably each of them says something like: "You know, I passed the bar the first time in state X which is pretty good considering X's bar is known as the hardest one around.". I've heard this for X = Texas, New York, DC, Louisiana, and North Carolina.

Ginatio

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 07:17:03 PM »
ahhhhahahaha... what are you gonna do? make me spend a night in your brothel?  :-*

WATCH IT ginatio. we sorority girls are going to make some fiercely good attorneys and you will rue the day you messed with us

ruskiegirl

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 07:48:09 PM »
The sororities at my undergrad couldn't have houses because Tennessee has a version of the "brothel" law as well.  Instead, the sororities bought out this old nasty dorm and each one had its own floor, with RA's and all the University Housing rules.  How lame!