Who's with me? Emory roll call
« on: August 15, 2005, 08:49:38 PM »

mikeb

Re: Who's with me? Emory roll call
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 12:23:09 AM »
Emory law school or just Emory?

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 07:44:20 AM »
Well, depending on how fast/easy my move is this weekend I would be up for a social gathering.  Probably not until Monday or Tuesday though since I'm not technically moving in until Sunday.  Let me know what you come up with! 

Also, have you briefed that case yet for orientation.  I just sat down to read it... and of course I gravitated towards LSD instead.  But really, I am doing it today!  Goodbye summer- hello worst year of our lives!!!

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 08:44:45 PM »
I'd be up for drinks or dinner next Monday or Tuesday before orientation, definitely.

Any one else going on the Eagle trip, or am I the only LSDer?

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 07:34:44 AM »
I really feel like we are the only 3 Emory people on here.

Random thought--- does Emory have a mascot?  Coming from a large public football/basketball dominated school I feel like it's going to be weird going to a school with no 'real' sports or school spirit.  I can't see myself standing on the side of a river cheering the crew team, but I guess that is what it will come down to.  I guess I will be spending my Saturdays watching the Gators on TV.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 08:17:27 AM »
I think we're the Eagles, since the camping trip is the EAGLE trip, and I made my check out to Student Affiars-Legal Eagles.  I went to BU, where we only had hockey really.  If I was going to a big sports school, it'd be a very odd adjustment for me.  I think I'll be just fine with the minimal sports at Emory.  :)

Even if there's only 3 of us, I still think it'd be helpful to get together next week before orientation.  The more people we can meet before hand, I think the easier orientation can be.  I can even try to invite some people from the camping trip to come out, so you guys can met more people too.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 08:24:16 AM »
I really feel like we are the only 3 Emory people on here.

Random thought--- does Emory have a mascot?  Coming from a large public football/basketball dominated school I feel like it's going to be weird going to a school with no 'real' sports or school spirit.  I can't see myself standing on the side of a river cheering the crew team, but I guess that is what it will come down to.  I guess I will be spending my Saturdays watching the Gators on TV.

Coming from UF, it will be rough for me as well.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 09:22:30 AM »
Jacy, that sounds great.  I don't mind if it's 3 or if it's more.  I'm just looking forward to meeting people.  And the Eagles?!!?  exciting

Oliver- I'm excited I'll have at least one person to watch the games with!

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 09:57:37 AM »
Hi there! My husband is transferring to Emory Law this Fall and we are very excited!! We have walked around the campus and law school and it sems like a wonderful learning environment. Good Luck on your first year! And yes, they are the Emory Eagles...

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 12:14:04 PM »
i'm going to be a 1L as well, and depending on when you meet, I am interested....