Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: wow i'm a complete moron  (Read 344 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
wow i'm a complete moron
« on: August 15, 2005, 03:29:22 PM »
I promised myself to treat TM diagnostic 2 as a real exam, but I ended up getting only 30min of sleep before the exam.  Got to class an hour early being extremely tired, took the test and surprisingly I felt good coming out.  However, today i found out i MISBUBBLED 7 answers(6 on LR 1 on lg) and completely misread one key sentence on a sequential game nonetheless!!(I misread s>w as w>s, which I have never done before) and ended up with 150.  Basically if I weren't so stupid and was able to fall asleep atleast for 4-5hrs there would have been no doubt that I would have come out with a 157. Yet, saying it and actually executing it are two different things, and I just feel pretty disappointed and upset nonetheless..  I hope I'm more careful on the next diagnostic. :'(

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: wow i'm a complete moron
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 03:39:48 PM »
If it was a bubbling error and not a reasoning error, you shouldn't be dismayed.

I remember before the second diagnostic I had two hours of sleep.  By the last section, I was mentally exhausted and was unable to think clearly.  Definitely do get rest next time.  Take NyQuil.

yeah i think that's the only positive I can come out with it.  I had the enough knowledge and the answer to get 157, which is an improvement from my 154 on my first diagnostic.  If it was the fact that i got 150 due to not understanding the questions, then I would be terrified.  I guess this might be a blessing in disguise since I know I would not repeat this mistake on the day of the real exam.   

d1337

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 03:43:34 PM »
Just don't make those mistakes before/during the real thing. 

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 03:51:47 PM »
I'm sure you would have gotten higher than 157 too, because even if you're not feeling entirely drowsy, you're mind is working much more slowly than it would have had you gotten a sufficient amount of sleep.  I encounter this problem whenever I have a sunday TM class because I usually go to bed late, skip breakfast, and don't have lunch during the break.  I'm going to make sure not to make all of these errors in judgment before my second diag too, which I'm actually very excited to take.  Can't wait to see how I do.
Yale.Law.School.2010

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 03:56:33 PM »
I'm sure you would have gotten higher than 157 too, because even if you're not feeling entirely drowsy, you're mind is working much more slowly than it would have had you gotten a sufficient amount of sleep.  I encounter this problem whenever I have a sunday TM class because I usually go to bed late, skip breakfast, and don't have lunch during the break.  I'm going to make sure not to make all of these errors in judgment before my second diag too, which I'm actually very excited to take.  Can't wait to see how I do.

Seriously, not getting enough sleep affects the LR the most!  On so many damn questions, I had to read slower than usual.  At first I never felt worried about not getting sleep before the diagnostic because I usually pulled off good grades staying up all night before my other usual school exams, but I realized after this exam that LSAT is just another beast. The main problem is the timing issues, because if your mind is at 100% efficiency level, then you read slower, you bubble wrong answers, and you end up misreading the easiest games in the world.  I totally learned my lesson and I guess in someways I'm lucky that I figured this out early on.  I know that I had enough knowledge to do decently on this exam, but nonetheless I paid my price and received 150(my worst mark in three months) on this diagnostic.