Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Canceling question  (Read 3246 times)

Kevin83

• 167 / 3.6
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GatorKevin1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Canceling question
« on: June 18, 2004, 03:05:49 PM »
Does anyone know whether or not you're supposed to receive some sort of confirmation of the cancelation? I faxed mine in a couple days ago but no word back.

There has to be some way to verify that it went through....right?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Canceling question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 03:08:50 PM »
It's a radical idea, but you could try calling lsac.  :-*

Gummo

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 04:14:55 PM »
Does anyone know whether or not you're supposed to receive some sort of confirmation of the cancelation? I faxed mine in a couple days ago but no word back.

There has to be some way to verify that it went through....right?

What Jacy said...it says on the green and white sheets you got from the center that you can call and verify receipt of your cancellation form...I don't think they automatically send a confirmation out.

I'm not busting your balls, but I'm just wondering...if you were sure you were going to cancel, why didn't you cancel on your answer sheet at the test center?  Did you have second thoughts?

Kevin83

• 167 / 3.6
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 04:29:13 PM »
No offense taken at all; that is a very good question...

I had heard from a lot of people here that you want to wait and marinate on the test before you fully decide to cancel. That being said, I went in planning to cancel so I would've been just as well bubbling it in. Two things prevented that:

1. I did have second thoughts...I felt like I got close to 100% on one LG section, and close to 80% on another. LG has always been the X factor for me--do well on LG and I'm looking at mid 160s, do poorly and it drops it about 5 points. Nevertheless, knowing that I did well on at least those two sections made me want to wait. First, I found out that the easier LG section was the experimental. Second, I just had time to think about the rest of the test. The first section, which was LR for me, really threw me...I was kind of freaking out at first, chiefly bc going in with the intent of canceling just screwed with my head...also bc my test anxiety is just naturally off the charts...nevertheless, on that section my timing was so off--I ended up having to guess like the last 4, which I've never had to do before. Moreover, I just had time to think about the next couple months and totally decide that I'm ready to sacrifice a hell of a lot of time (and money, too). I had to fully convince myself that not only do I have lots of potential but, moreover, that I'm going to capitalize on it...

2. Canceling sucks...I don't know if I speak for anyone else here, but it takes a lot to fill out that form, fax it in, and get it over with--I had to draw the process out to make it easier...I had to fill out the form, let it sit on my desk at work for a couple days, think about its implications, and then finally get the balls to send it in and be done with it...

I'm sure you weren't looking for this big of an explanation...it's easy to rant about...

Gummo

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 05:17:39 PM »
That makes sense.  Good luck in October, fellow gator  :)

Kevin83

• 167 / 3.6
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 09:29:20 PM »
Hello, all. This is an absolutely huge bump, but I just wanted to drop a line. This past summer I spent a lot of time here torturing myself over whether to take the exam and, subsequently, whether or not to cancel. I ended up doing both, and I don't have regrets about either.

Since then, I took the TestMasters class and spent a lot of time with the Logic Games Bible and a mound of practice tests. In terms of both my practice scores and the level of comfort I had going in this past October, everything really paid off. After giving myself a couple weeks to relax in June, I found that I felt much more attuned to the material once I started back with my studies. Also, as far as the actual test goes, the testing environment the second time around was not nearly as intimidating or stressful as it was back in June (obviously).

Of course I still don't know my score, and I'll never realize the true improvement I made because I'll never know how I did in June. However, I did want to thank yall for the advice back then and let yall know that I'm still alive.

tybeamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 10:45:36 AM »
Hey man,
I took it on the second and later decided to cancel my score.  I had a similar experience as you had in June.  What did you do between tests that made it better for you the second time?  Should I wait until Feb or try to rush to do it again in Dec?

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
Did you ever get confirmation?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 10:50:27 AM »
I cancelled my October LSAT score, and I received confirmation maybe a couple of hours after I sent the fax.  You ARE supposed to get confirmation that they received your cancellation, so if you haven't already, you should definitely contact LSAC as soon as possible.
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008