Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Going Part-time?  (Read 1018 times)

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
Going Part-time?
« on: August 15, 2005, 11:08:54 AM »
Is anyone considering going to law school part-time?  I have been toying with the idea for a while now, and I think I may submit a request to do so.

The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Going Part-time?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 11:05:51 AM »
Not me, but I know a couple folks who attempted to do that at GULC.  They said it was nearly impossible and both switched to full time the second year.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 11:19:16 AM »
so it was more complicated for them? i only knew of one person at GW and he switched to full time the second semester..

Not me, but I know a couple folks who attempted to do that at GULC.  They said it was nearly impossible and both switched to full time the second year.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 11:21:26 AM »

Why was it impossible? Because they were working?

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 11:34:50 AM »
I meant it was impossible for them to manage law school and a full-time job.  I guess their problem wouldn't apply if you didn't work.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 11:38:50 AM »
The funny thing is part time can be just as challenging as full time. Going part time is great if your young.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 11:40:50 AM »
I can see that.. as I went through something similar... however if you're willing to rule out any type of social life.. it can happen :D

@ GW you can actually attend part time and finish the degree in three yrs if you take classes every summer as well..

I meant it was impossible for them to manage law school and a full-time job.  I guess their problem wouldn't apply if you didn't work.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 12:02:33 PM »
I can see that.. as I went through something similar... however if you're willing to rule out any type of social life.. it can happen :D

@ GW you can actually attend part time and finish the degree in three yrs if you take classes every summer as well..

That's what I think I might try to do...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 12:05:12 PM »
well u can always try it the first semester.. if it isn't working out for you... switch to full time....

That's what I think I might try to do...