Law School Discussion

Robin Singh's LG Workshop in NYC

PetuniaGrrl

Re: Robin Singh's LG Workshop in NYC
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 07:44:01 AM »
If you can afford paying $1000 an hour, you can call up TestMasters tomorrow and have telephonic tutoring done with Robin.

I've caught Robin on the helpline a few times now for free... I'm not sure the $1000/hour thing is entirely accurate.
P.S. Taking the class with Robin in LA is *totally* worth moving to LA for a bit. Plus, three months of southern california sunshine.

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 10:43:52 AM »
His DC workshop was postponed last night.  His flight couldn't get out of NYC due to weather.  They're supposed to reschudule sometime in the next two weeks...

PetuniaGrrl

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 11:53:46 AM »
Wow. Did you need the help that badly?

vitaminwater

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 12:03:15 PM »
hi big underdog,

would you please share some of that insightful info with us?

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 12:10:26 PM »
Good thing the post edit button is there, right bu?  Would be hard to keep your story straight otherwise.

vitaminwater

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 12:11:44 PM »
hi big underdog,

oh. i just thought that you were at the workshop and learned some cool techniques is all.

vitaminwater

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 12:22:11 PM »
its all good big underdog..

tee hee. i would never say that in real life.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 12:40:40 PM »
Does anyone who attended the workshop have any helpful tidbits of advice?  I'm very disappointed that I wasn't aware of this workshop beforehand, especially since LG is my weakest section.

PetuniaGrrl

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 12:56:54 PM »
swat -- the masterful setups will be posted online so that everyone gets a chance to see them as well as do the games before seeing them under timed conditions. My class for tonight just got rescheduled, so if i get a chance i'll post a blurb about the material we covered that night.

**Come to think of it, that would be illegal. Sorry man. But you'll get the info from TM for sure.

d1337

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 12:58:20 PM »
He said one of the most important things to do is to read the game, sit and think about what the rules imply and how the game might work before setting anything up.  Understanding the game and being curious will lead you to make the deductions, you will not get lucky every time. 

He also stressed numerical distribution greatly.  Study that, it is the key to many games.

One that helped me (or will help) is that if you knock it down to two answers and cannot see how one is correct and the other is not, reread the question and then reread the rules to make sure you are not missing something subtle. 

List questions should be knocked out by applying the rules to the lists. 

I'll try and think of some more.