Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Favorite Bands  (Read 959 times)

ohwellok

• Sr. Citizen
  • the cutest beagle in the whole wide world!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Favorite Bands
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 04:29:31 PM »
The Bosstones are ok, but I am not too into them. Not everyone else is trying to be them either. What wave are they considered? I don't know too much about them. The Aquabats and Save Ferris are only good if you listen to old school though. They have changed a lot. The Aquabats don't even have a horn section anymore. Also, Save Ferris broke up. Those are the bands I grew up listening to, so those are the ones I like. I forgot to mention that I also like Jeffries Fan Club, but I don't listen to them that much. I think this infatuation is an Orange County thing.

Also, it isn't stuck up becuase I actually do not like music that much. I don't listen to it very often. Those are just the bands that I grew up listening to. I guessI'll also say that I enjoy Weird Al and things found on Dr. Demento.

wow, i have not known many people who have heard of jeffries fan club. i used to love them back in the day. they came to santa cruz a lot when i was in college and played with a local band called slow gherkin. jfc had a huge following of haters in santa cruz and eventually things got so bad that they just stopped coming. sad days!

psr13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Isn't my niece adorable?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Favorite Bands
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 05:23:47 PM »
Pretty much I listen to the bands who my sister listened to when she was in high school. She graduated when I finished sixth grade. Needless to say, she wasin high school in North Orange County during thatshort time period when ska was huge there. One of the bands she listened to was JFC, but it was mostly Save Ferris and the Aquabats for her. Her friend knows a lot of people in the ska business, and she swears that Mo from Save Ferris stole her necklace. She also thinks they took a poem she wroteand turned it into a song. Her friend was a really good friend of Mo.
"What's with today, today?"
-Lucas from "Empire Records"