Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: i am drunk and @#!* having friends that are guys!  (Read 1043 times)

naomi288

• Sr. Citizen
  • soon to be St John's 1L
    • View Profile
i am drunk and @#!* having friends that are guys!
« on: August 14, 2005, 02:57:20 AM »
why is it that guys can not make a distinction with girls that are their friends that is somewhere between my guy friends and girls i want to @#!*...it would be nice to have some kind of middle ground!
3.67 159/164
and.......the admissions process is over! yay!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=naomi288

sarmstrong806

Re: i am drunk and @#!* having friends that are guys!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 03:04:42 AM »
sorry no dice there

we were discussing this on another thread

Find some gay guys  8)

naomi288

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 03:06:14 AM »
sorry no dice there

Find some gay guys  8)

honestly, it is ridiculous, once you are friends with a guy, apparently you are no longer a girl, and they can say whatever they want to you without risking hurting your feelings, which is absolutely NOT ture!
3.67 159/164

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 10:22:13 AM »
sorry no dice there

Find some gay guys  8)

honestly, it is ridiculous, once you are friends with a guy, apparently you are no longer a girl, and they can say whatever they want to you without risking hurting your feelings, which is absolutely NOT ture!

I'm confused... Do you want your male friends to be subconciously thinking about you as a female on a sexual level or not?  First you were complaining about them trying to @#!* you, and now you're complaining about them treating you like "one of the guys".   

EDIT: Nevermined, you made perfect sense and I understand now.  I'm just too hungover to read clearly in one try :)

naomi288

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 12:07:45 PM »
well, i'm not drunk anymore, but the annoyingness of the situation is still there
3.67 159/164

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 04:36:20 PM »
well, i'm not drunk anymore, but the annoyingness of the situation is still there

So let me see if I understand: You don't want any of your male friends to be sexually attracted to you, but you ALSO don't want them to treat to you like "one of the guys"?  What exactly are you looking for - a guy who will paint his toenails with you while checking out cute boys in YM magazine?  Here's an idea you may not have thought of - hang out with other women.

Dank Pete

• View Profile
Re: i am drunk and #@!* having friends that are guys!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 07:41:11 PM »

So let me see if I understand: You don't want any of your male friends to be sexually attracted to you, but you ALSO don't want them to treat to you like "one of the guys"?  What exactly are you looking for - a guy who will paint his toenails with you while checking out cute boys in YM magazine?  Here's an idea you may not have thought of - hang out with other women.

Or gay guys.  Just a thought. ;)

naomi288

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 07:41:51 PM »
what i am saying is that if a guy just wants to be friends with me, which is fine, but there is a difference being friends with a girl, basically, some things just need to be sugar coated, and certain things that you say to a guy might be taken more offensively if u say them to a girl, for example, i went to a club with my firnd and his girlfriend, it was just the three of us when we were on vacation, so he decides he is going to go dance with his girlfriend and not find me again until 3 hours later (although i stood in the same spot the entire time), knowing that i was already trashed when we got there, and all by myself, now this might be okay if i wa a guy, that you could just leave me by myself for 3 hours, but it's different bc i am a girl

1. i do have friends that are girls, obviously, 2. i don't expect my guy friends to "paint their toenails and reading ym" come on now, that was a little bit of a stretch to  back up the arguement you are trying to put forth

anyway, it really doesn't annoy me as much regularly, but when i am drunk, the annoyance is amplified, hence the reason why i posted this last night at 3:00 in the morning when i was drunk, bc i wouldn't noramlly make it a sober topic of conversation
3.67 159/164

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 08:28:13 PM »
Give the bottle a rest.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

XYZZY

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 08:37:07 PM »

naomi,

your male friend was obviously just trying to get some, and your presense would hurt his game.  this is a common rule among males.. don't take offense