Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice for contacting old prof for LOR  (Read 2869 times)

BFranklin_fan

• View Profile
Re: Advice for contacting old prof for LOR
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 09:28:26 PM »
Furthermore, if you're pretty sure that your old instructor will not remember you, then send suggestions for what he/she should write.

nathanielmark

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 03:03:51 PM »
he is currently in london (i was able to get thru to him by email) and he said he would be happy to write it when he returns the first of august.  he just asked i give him my resume....

looks like i am covered....:)

flecktone

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 04:55:16 PM »
One thing not mentioned was flattery.  It goes a long way.  When I contacted my old prof., I laid it on about how infuential her class was to me, blah, blah.  If they feel flattered, they'll write a better LOR, IMO. Also, my recommender wanted to see my PS and resume to get to know me better. 

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2004, 09:01:18 PM »
I have 1 LOR from an established attorney in my community.  When I figured I needed a prof, I was struggling over the email or call thing.  I chose email because he could reply when he gets a chance and won't be off guard.  He said he would love to do it, he has done it before, but wants to meet with me( prabably something along the lines, about that A I gave you....).  Thankfully I only live 2 miles from campus.  Email is the way to go.
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..