Law School Discussion

Teaching for Kaplan

_EKC_

• LisBeth
    • View Profile
Re: Teaching for Kaplan
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 06:52:27 AM »
just thought i'd give you guys an update... training is going pretty well. it's hard, though, and time consuming. the "teachbacks" require a lot of prep, and I spent about 16 hours prepping for the teachbacks that I did last night - don't be scared off, though, because i had two lessons worth to prepare for.

anyways, they offered me a class starting about a week after our training session ends, so that's kind of exciting.

_EKC_

• LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 12:19:34 PM »
If anyone's still reading this thread, I just wanted to update you. I have finished Kaplan training, and it was pretty hard. I was in a class of four people, 2 had already dropped, one chose to wait until the next session, and one of my four was eventually dropped for being unprepared.

All in all i enjoyed the training period. The people at this branch are very friendly and professional. I begin tutoring this week, and my first class starts September 11th and runs through the end of November as a weekly class, which is good because it will make the preparation process easier.

If anyone has questions about anything like this, feel free to email me. And if you're considering signing up to become a tutor, let me know, because if you mention my name (and pass the training period) I get a $100 bonus, and I'll definitely split it with you.

TomServo

• We are our own photographer!
    • ICQ Messenger - 814749
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=TomServo
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 03:33:25 PM »
I hope you enjoy the teaching... I took the Feb test, and I decided to give Kaplan a go after scoring pretty well.  (I didn't use any test prep service prior to testing)

Well, I'm into teaching and proctoring now, and I decided a few minutes ago to take October again.  For whatever reason, I feel a more solid grasp on Logic Reasoning than I did prior to slogging through my TEL, and I'm hoping to improve on my Feb performance. 

Worst case scenario, I'll probably score similarly to my Feb score, and I'll simply cry over my lost $115.

Anyhow, my local test center has been hounding me to teach and tutor more classes, and I'm considering it.  It's fun getting into the meat of the problems, and I'm anxious to see some results from the crop of students I'm teaching now.

TomServo

• We are our own photographer!
    • ICQ Messenger - 814749
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=TomServo
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 07:05:23 PM »
I believe Kaplan is 90th % or better, but I could be mistaken.  Additionally, it can be on the actual test OR a diagnostic test, I think.  (If you've never taken the real thing)

I made the cut with a 168... but I think that's too low for PR?  Definitely too low for TM, if I recall unwrongly.

Leshy

• Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 08:53:38 AM »
If anyone's still reading this thread, I just wanted to update you. I have finished Kaplan training, and it was pretty hard. I was in a class of four people, 2 had already dropped, one chose to wait until the next session, and one of my four was eventually dropped for being unprepared.

All in all i enjoyed the training period. The people at this branch are very friendly and professional. I begin tutoring this week, and my first class starts September 11th and runs through the end of November as a weekly class, which is good because it will make the preparation process easier.

If anyone has questions about anything like this, feel free to email me. And if you're considering signing up to become a tutor, let me know, because if you mention my name (and pass the training period) I get a $100 bonus, and I'll definitely split it with you.

Thanks for all the updates and everything, you've been very helpful.  Good luck teaching your class, I'm sure you'll be a great instructor!

_EKC_

• LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 01:47:54 PM »
thanks for the vote of confidence:) I started tutoring tuesday (which was very easy) and will start teaching soon. it's working out very well for me, and I highly recommend it.