Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Chicago!  (Read 2443 times)

savantpol

In at Chicago!
« on: August 12, 2005, 04:12:06 PM »
Chicago let me in off of their waiting list today! I was called by the director of admissions this morning letting me know that I was under consideration and wanting to confirm my interest, and then she called me this afternoon to let me know that I was accepted.

I sent them an email earlier this week wanting to know if there had been any movement on my application. I also let them know in the email that I was still highly interested in attending the school.

I am absolutely elated!

Lucy_Law

• View Profile
Re: In at Chicago!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 04:30:19 PM »
Wow, looks like GULC is losing a lot of people to other schools right now!

Congrats to you!!!!
GULC '08

lawstudent3

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 05:29:21 PM »
Major congrats!

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 05:31:37 PM »
Very excellent news.  I'm jealous (even though I won't be applying until the fall '06 cycle).  Good job, enjoy your life because you'll be riding high from now on.
Yale.Law.School.2010

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 07:17:48 PM »
Chicago let me in off of their waiting list today! I was called by the director of admissions this morning letting me know that I was under consideration and wanting to confirm my interest, and then she called me this afternoon to let me know that I was accepted.

I sent them an email earlier this week wanting to know if there had been any movement on my application. I also let them know in the email that I was still highly interested in attending the school.

I am absolutely elated!

Wow...WL reject from GW and WL accept from Chicago -- just goes to show how arbitrary the process is. Many congrats!
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

lawstudent3

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 11:01:10 PM »
Wow...WL reject from GW and WL accept from Chicago -- just goes to show how arbitrary the process is. Many congrats!

Just shows that GW knew something like that would happen...they're doing good yield protection!

savantpol

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 05:05:52 PM »
Thanks a bunch.

I keep on emitting, involuntarily, little screams of joy. I imagine it will pass in a few days. Till then, I shall rejoice.

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 05:48:47 PM »
CONGRATS

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 10:31:05 PM »
If I got into Chicago, my screams of joy would not be involuntary.  I would do them until I lost my voice, making sure to have my screams recorded beforehand so I could keep replaying them over and over until I regained my voice.  Chicago is the sh!t in all the best ways.  Seriously.  I'm jealous as all hell.
Yale.Law.School.2010

savantpol

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 12:08:37 AM »
You could have called me confused, too. I still remain a little confused, but it doesn't matter at all now. No doubt it was the GPA and the transcript-that-lacked-many-redeeming-qualities.