Law School Discussion

monkey king

« on: August 12, 2005, 12:20:58 AM »
I feel nauseated in learning this because he is usually such a likeable guy. I think when people get married, there is an implied loyalty clause. What makes me more upset is that the injured party still lives in false sense of being loved. It's apparent that I'm not the person to apprise her of the facts, but I do feel nauseated.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: My friend is cheating on his wife.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 12:24:26 AM »
That sucks.
I think people need to settle the issues they have in their relationship or leave, otherwise you're just being greedy, IMO.
I agree that it may not be your place to tell this woman -- but I know WHEN she finds out she'll be mad that other people knew and didn't tell her.

gailrules

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 12:28:51 AM »
So stop being friends with him if he's so terrible

The only 2 people who know what's going in a marriage are the two people in it.

jsia

monkey king

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 12:32:17 AM »
So stop being friends with him if he's so terrible

The only 2 people who know what's going in a marriage are the two people in it.

jsia

I'm reconsidering my friendship with him.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 12:34:08 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of men who cheat are married to breadwinners. After all -- those men have more time on their hands.
One of the biggest cheating scumbags I know only works about 50 percent of the time. However his wives have always worked.

gailrules

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 12:36:42 AM »
Another unusual thing is that his wife is the bread earner. Poor woman works damn hard as an upper-mid level HR manager. My friend has a job, but it doesn't pay well.

Maybe she makes him feel like a small worthless prick.

jsia

monkey king

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 12:39:28 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of men who cheat are married to breadwinners. After all -- those men have more time on their hands.
One of the biggest cheating scumbags I know only works about 50 percent of the time. However his wives have always worked.

Yes, it makes me feel better to call him a cheating scumbag. Wow,  "wives".

monkey king

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 12:44:20 AM »
Another unusual thing is that his wife is the bread earner. Poor woman works damn hard as an upper-mid level HR manager. My friend has a job, but it doesn't pay well.

jsia

It could be true.  But he doesn't have to cheat on her!

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 01:05:08 AM »

jsia

It could be true.  But he doesn't have to cheat on her!

If it's so bad you have to cheat, you should leave. I don't blame you for reconsidering being friends with him. Have you confronted him on his behaviour? Maybe that's the first step.

monkey king

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 01:07:04 AM »
On the one hand, I think it's wrong for my friend to cheat; on the other hand, I'm asking myself whether I'm being too judgemental in reconsidering our relationship. We have been good friends, being able to crack silly jokes together and not to get angry with each other. As I said before, he is very likeable.