Law School Discussion

Military assistance

mcleod13

Military assistance
« on: August 11, 2005, 06:43:01 PM »
O.k.
I posted about 2 weeks ago about a certain area of the application regarding Court Martials and Article 15's.
They want to know about both. SO I need to put in my app why I received an article 15. It was for Malingering and failure to obey a direct order. Both of which are Bull *&^%, but I don't want to make my explanation sound like it. So can I get some advice on what I should do.
thanks

be10dwn

Re: Military assistance
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 06:45:26 PM »
You need to be honest and explain the situation, but I would avoid the BS angle if I were.  Just write an addendum, act contrite, and say what you learned from the experience.  Just DO NOT lie and don't make excuses for your behavior.

twarga

• Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: Military assistance
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 07:25:23 PM »
Here's your angle... you were given an order to do something and decided not to do it.  You were slapped with a 15 for failure to obey a lawful order and malingering.  This was your wake-up call.  This was early in your career and already you were being labeled as lazy.  You dedicated the rest of your enlistment and now the rest of your life working hard to redeem yourself.  What might have crushed someone else actually motivated you to become a better person and to make your commander, your family, and yourself proud.