Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Minnesota?  (Read 3168 times)

beeline

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Minnesota?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 04:16:49 AM »
definitely visit, that's what sold me. call ahead and let them know so they can schedule a tour, a class for you to sit in on, etc. i found the admissions people to be great, great program, i was really impressed all around and didn't necessarily expect to be. PM me if you want, i'm happy to answer more questions.

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 08:28:34 PM »

Julee not like minnesota nice.
goooooo al qaeda!  gooooooo bin laden!  go, go, osama bin laden!

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

beeline

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 08:45:18 PM »
while i am a fan of the original j.f., the proliferation of julies is freaking me out a little.

3ML

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 10:24:58 PM »
Beeline do you know how much they focus on public interest law? Do you know anything about the tuition deal with the Province of Manitoba? How hard to I have to work to establish residency in Manitoba? If I work there next summer would that be enough? Any idea how cut-throat the school is? Does it have a reputation as Liberal or Conservative?

Those would be my questions for now, probably more later...

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 12:02:09 PM »
while i am a fan of the original j.f., the proliferation of julies is freaking me out a little.

Old J was poop-stain.

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

boyhoosier

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 01:16:21 PM »
Would I have much of a chance at Minny with my numbers?  I have a 4.09 GPA in Economics and a 159 LSAT.  The LSAC calculator puts my chances at over 70%. 

S.J.

• Sr. Citizen
  • That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 02:05:46 PM »
Would I have much of a chance at Minny with my numbers?  I have a 4.09 GPA in Economics and a 159 LSAT.  The LSAC calculator puts my chances at over 70%. 

I would say you probably have over a 70% chance.
T25 or bust

Served

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 02:46:02 PM »

I would say you need some serious soft factors in order to get by with a 159, even with your gpa.
“The best way to lie is to tell part of the truth.”     -Twain
“Religion is the universal obsessional neurosis of humanity.”     - Freud
“When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.”     - Maslow

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 07:57:34 PM »

I would say you need some serious soft factors in order to get by with a 159, even with your gpa.

What if soft in head?

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 10:29:19 PM »
Boyhoosier,

You should really take advantage of that incredible GPA and take the LSAT again, aiming for a score around 10 points higher.  That way your score would average out to around 164/165, for those schools who average, and would top out at around 169 for those schools who take the highest score.  You have an shot at t-14 schools with a higher lsat score (it would also help with your chances at Minnesota if that is where you would really like to go).
Yale.Law.School.2010