Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What do you do when you get denied by every school you applied to??!  (Read 26619 times)

DavidSJ

• View Profile
Re: What do you do when you get denied by every school you applied to??!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 10:08:25 PM »
But hey, sometimes life just isn't fair.

You have only yourself to blame...
Choosing Between: Chicago, Michigan, NYU, UPenn, GULC
Declined: Virginia, Duke, UCLA, George Washington, Notre Dame, Rejected: None yet
Waiting: Harvard, Yale, Columbia

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 01:36:30 PM »
Have you considered the puerto rican law schools?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

bluegreyeyes

• Sr. Citizen
  • i dream of being ordinary
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 12:25:23 AM »
Thanks for the comments, Yea I know I was crazy to shoot for some of those schools. But I seriously was didn't have a clue how much my low LSAT would distroy my 3.65 GPA. Also yea i'm working with kaplan, I got a tutor and am already scheduled for the October LSAT. I will be applying to Cooly among other schools. I mean I can still hope to transfer, right? I really like the idea of asking for Part time also, I will definately do that. I think that I heard that I can add an extra request asking that they consider me for Part time as well if I don't get into fulltime. Can I do that?? Also does anyone know of a list of schools that doesn't average the LSAT? Thanks everyone

i'm not positive, but does Drexel have any sort of law school?
i thought i heard something about that... but maybe it isn't ABA approved yet?
might be something to look into.....?
"Yesterday's just a memory, tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be." Bob Dylan

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the comments, Yea I know I was crazy to shoot for some of those schools. But I seriously was didn't have a clue how much my low LSAT would distroy my 3.65 GPA. Also yea i'm working with kaplan, I got a tutor and am already scheduled for the October LSAT. I will be applying to Cooly among other schools. I mean I can still hope to transfer, right? I really like the idea of asking for Part time also, I will definately do that. I think that I heard that I can add an extra request asking that they consider me for Part time as well if I don't get into fulltime. Can I do that?? Also does anyone know of a list of schools that doesn't average the LSAT? Thanks everyone

i'm not positive, but does Drexel have any sort of law school?
i thought i heard something about that... but maybe it isn't ABA approved yet?
might be something to look into.....?

Drexel has a school starting next year...its their inaugural year - its not ABA approved, but it will be in a year or two (at most)

By the way guys this thread refers to last cycle....

But hey, sometimes life just isn't fair.

You have only yourself to blame...

Thats a pretty rude thing to say to someone you don't even know...maybe the OP had familial problems that caused stress/hardship/lack of time to study, or maybe just maybe not everyone is as good at standardized tests as you (presumably) are
HLS '09

vitaminwater

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 01:23:46 AM »
don't worry latin lord. your time will come. i was once in your position. my practice tests were in the late 130's range and was always very frustrated and depressed. i took a powerscore class, and invested in extra tutoring time to help me with the games sections. took the test in october and got a 154. i know that compared to many people on this board, my score is not all that, but it was good enough for me.
if you can, hire a tutor because i felt that is really what helped me. i also took about a year to prepare/study read the bibles cover to cover.

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 03:08:11 PM »
Bump...inspirational thread.... :)

Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »

lol... this thread was so long ago... i'm amazed it is still around!! Reading it almost brings tears to my eyes.  I'm happy that my story has been so inspirational to them.... I wish all of you luck in your up in comming cycle and hope that you all have the success that I'v had.

Low LSAT means nothing.!! my LSGPA is now a 3.2! top 1/3 of the class!! Beat kids who got over a 160 on the LSAT.. So again! the LSAT MEANS NOTHING!! IT IS JUST A STUPID WAY FOR SCHOOLS TO SEPARATE STUDENTS!! gOOD LUCK TO ALL!!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »

lol... this thread was so long ago... i'm amazed it is still around!! Reading it almost brings tears to my eyes.  I'm happy that my story has been so inspirational to them.... I wish all of you luck in your up in comming cycle and hope that you all have the success that I'v had.

Low LSAT means nothing.!! my LSGPA is now a 3.2! top 1/3 of the class!! Beat kids who got over a 160 on the LSAT.. So again! the LSAT MEANS NOTHING!! IT IS JUST A STUPID WAY FOR SCHOOLS TO SEPARATE STUDENTS!! gOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

No wonder you did poorly on the LSAT.  What makes you think that you can draw a reasonable conclusion about the correlation between LSAT scores and law school success based on one person's experience? 

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2007, 02:40:56 PM »

No wonder you did poorly on the LSAT.  What makes you think that you can draw a reasonable conclusion about the correlation between LSAT scores and law school success based on one person's experience? 

Feeling sad because you're afraid your 171 won't guarantee you a spot on law review?
Yale.Law.School.2010

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
Feeling sad because you're afraid your 171 won't guarantee you a spot on law review?

A 171 statistically means NOTHING at a top school vis-a-vis a single person's performance.

With a 160 or a 179, you might be able to draw some conclusions with a more reasonable margin of error (more so on the lower end).

I know, it just seems like latinlord touched on a nerve with his statement. 
Yale.Law.School.2010