Deciding Where to Go > Denials

What do you do when you get denied by every school you applied to??!

<< < (2/10) > >>

twarga:

--- Quote from: latinlord on August 11, 2005, 05:56:46 PM ---This time I won't be applying to any real extreme schools. Only the ones near my home, which sadly has basically all high ranking schools. I live in PA, so Villanova, temple, Penn, Dickenson, Rutgers, Maryland, etc. are all near me and I can't get into one. I will reapply to Villanova b/c they don't average the LSAT and Widner too because they are a 4th tier school. But mainly i'm looking for something, anything that I could get into.  

--- End quote ---

If you'd applied to Widener like you should have from the start, you'd be packing for school right now instead of belly-aching.  What was your LSAT score?

PSUDSL08:
Agree with twarga you should def apply to Widener...may not get into the Delaware campus, but Harrisburg is a possibility. Also, Duquesne University in Pittsburgh will take the highest of your two LSAT scores. You'd probably need a minimum of a 152 to get in there, so study your ass off.
As for transferring, there's a forum on Yahoo that has the stats of those that have transferred to other schools. A girl who went to my T4 scored in the top 5% and got into top schoos, so anything is possible. As for now, study your ass off and accept the fact that you'll be going to a T3 or T4 next year.

Denny Crane:
Hate to break it to you guys, but he did apply to Widener, and got rejected (yes, his lsat was quite poor, even by widener standards).  Being a URM did not help him.

latinlord:
 Yea sadly I got denied by Widener DE campus also. I'll probibly try Harrisburg this time too. Bottom line i'm still working on the LSAT, I don't know how I did so bad, the LSAT has control of my freaking soul!Sad thing is that my GPA is higher than most schools average. It is a shame that 4 long years of doing well in a higher instituion means nothing compared to a 1 4hr exam. :(

Denny Crane:

--- Quote from: latinlord on August 11, 2005, 11:35:34 PM ---Sad thing is that my GPA is higher than most schools average. It is a shame that 4 long years of doing well in a higher instituion means nothing compared to a 1 4hr exam. :(

--- End quote ---

That's exactly how I felt about the SAT when I was applying to college.  I did fine on it, but not as highly as I needed in order to get into all of my top choices.  Luckily I got into one of my top choices, but I was definitely limited by an exam I thought had no bearing on my performance in college.  I know that the LSAT is looked upon more strongly by law schools than the SAT was for colleges, so I'm not taking any chances.  LSAT reigns supreme.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version