Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oh my god...NYU!  (Read 2192 times)

Lucy_Law

• View Profile
Oh my god...NYU!
« on: August 11, 2005, 04:29:22 PM »
I just got a phone call from the Director of Recruiting at NYU telling me I got in off the waitlist!!!  ;D

...what to do now???  ???
GULC '08

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my god...NYU!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 04:40:57 PM »
I just got a phone call from the Director of Recruiting at NYU telling me I got in off the waitlist!!!  ;D

Personally, I'd go to GULC over NYU, but that's me.  Most people will probably advise you to do to NYU.

verb
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

d1337

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 04:44:36 PM »
Tough call.  Would you rather spend three years living/studying in a trendy part of the Big Apple, or spend those years in the heart of national politics.  Afterwards I think it matters less; both degrees should travel well.

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 04:45:52 PM »

Just judging by your reaction, it seems you KNOW what to do.  Don't be silly - go to NYU.  Congrats on getting off the waitlist!  What were/are your numbers?

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 05:43:12 PM »
Very tough call.  I'm personally partial to GULC (even though I'm from NYC).  NYU, however, is a better place to go if you want BIGLAW, esp. in NYC.  NYU's degree will probably travel slightly better than a GULC  degree, but not significantly.  You can't go wrong either way.  If you want to study politics though, GULC is the place to go, hands down.  Good luck.  I hope I'll have to make such a decision in the future  ;).
Yale.Law.School.2010

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 07:18:59 PM »
Congradulations!! How long did they give you to make up your mind?  I would personally choose NYU, but I know it depends on your own goals.

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 02:34:13 AM »

You and me both, sister (around 1 pm).  Turning down the same school as you as well.  For me, its a no brainer; my friends, family, and my girlfriend and all in the NYC/NJ area.  I have been dieing to get into NYU from the start and had pretty much given up hope.  Hearing Ms. Michelle's sweet voice on the other end of the telephone might have been the best phone call of my life :).  Good luck in deciding.

Lucy_Law

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 02:48:58 AM »
Congrats Nizzy!!  For me, having only 24 hours to decide sucks!  However, I live in Manhattan now and it would be so much easier to go to NYU than GULC.  So...I think I already know what I am going to do.
GULC '08

lawschoolny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 11:17:13 AM »
Congrats on the acceptances!. . do you mind sharing your numbers and if you sent any additional materials before you received the phone call? Thanks!

Lucy_Law

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 01:50:16 PM »
Sure.  GPA 3.95 and LSAT 160 (Oct. '04) and 170 (Dec. '04).  I never sent any additional materials or letters. 
GULC '08