Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: cindy sheenan  (Read 4876 times)

Ann Coulter

• Buy my book!
    • View Profile
cindy sheenan
« on: August 11, 2005, 01:59:57 PM »

http://drudgereport.com/flashcs.htm
Drudge report

FAMILY OF FALLEN SOLDIER PLEADS: PLEASE STOP, CINDY!
Thu Aug 11 2005 12:56:21 ET

The family of American soldier Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004, has broken its silence and spoken out against his mother Cindy Sheehan's anti-war vigil against George Bush held outside the president's Crawford, Texas ranch.

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Cherie Quarterolo, Casey's aunt and godmother:

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish. Thanks Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

Developing...

Ann Coulter

• Buy my book!
    • View Profile
Re: cindy sheenan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 02:10:40 PM »

she's trying to turn her son into a martyr, a christ figure.

he made a choice to go to war, he knew the consequences. What his mother doesn't realize is that she'd turning his sacrifice into a joke and she is making a fool of herself.

PresClay_00

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 03:28:15 PM »
you serve regardless of what you think.  there are no questions asked in the military.  get mad at your politician, but don't say "he didn't join up to fight in a war he didn't believe in any more."  he signed up to SERVE

PresClay_00

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 03:36:09 PM »
before we take this any farther, who do you blame all the bad info on?

be10dwn

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 03:38:54 PM »
*sigh* Here we go again.  Another chance for liberals to say ohhh the president lied ohhhhh.  God I'm so sick of hearing that song.  It's like the Macarena.  It was alright the first 5 or 10 times,  but about the 1000th time it gets a little old.  Soldiers sign up to fight.  You are prepared to die.  I joined the military in 1998, long before any of this, and even though it was an abstract concept, dying for my country was something I was prepared to do if need be.  I didn't want to believe you me, but I was willing to because there are more important things than yourself.  Now I'm glad I didn't have to die, but I respect those that have fallen even moreso now. And has been said over and over and over and over again ad nausium, almost every major intellegence agency believed there were WMD in Iraq.  They were obviously there at one point seeing as he used them on Iranians and his own people.  There is a difference in bad intel and lying, but liberals don't want to see that.  Just wait till there is a dem president if that ever happens again and see if it comes back at you tenfold.

SkullTatt

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 03:43:16 PM »
There's a big difference between dying for a worthy cause, and dying for a sh*tty cause. Anybody who dies in Iraq is a member of the latter.

I feel really bad for their families, and I can relate to the mom protesting outside Bush's ranch. I'd be mad, too, if my child got brainwashed into thinking he was doing something noble and instead threw his life in the garbage.

be10dwn

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 03:45:06 PM »
There's a big difference between dying for a worthy cause, and dying for a sh*tty cause. Anybody who dies in Iraq is a member of the latter.

I feel really bad for their families, and I can relate to the mom protesting outside Bush's ranch. I'd be mad, too, if my child got brainwashed into thinking he was doing something noble and instead threw his life in the garbage.

Obviously this is your opinion.  History will be the judge and that doesn't mean tomorow or the next day.

PresClay_00

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 03:45:17 PM »
despite not being the original reason, liberating people and guaranteeing the right to democracy and elected leadership is bad??

tell the french, belgiums, brits, etc that

RURetarded

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 03:45:37 PM »
you serve regardless of what you think.  there are no questions asked in the military.  get mad at your politician, but don't say "he didn't join up to fight in a war he didn't believe in any more."  he signed up to SERVE

That is far different from being either manipulated or flat out lied to.  Of course you sign up to serve, and you don't always agree with what you are doing, but if what you don't agree with is based in fact and truth, you don't have a choice.  Obviously, her son went and fought regardless of what he believed, and he died.  His mother has every right to question why.  If more Americans had realized before we went in what they are slowly but surely realizing three years later, we'd have about 1,500 fewer mothers like Mrs. Sheenan. 

Soldiers serve in good faith, and in this instance that faith was abused.  She has a right to be pissed.   

With all due respect. Are you retarded? It doesn't matter who lied/misled. Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to do or die. Being in the Army is a job. Service members are the instrument of US policy. Right or wrong. Debate it all you want.

In the end, the military goes where it is told. If you don't know you have a chance of dying (from combat, training, etc.) then i seriously have to question their intelligence.

You're right, his mother has the right to question it all she wants. But not in her son's name. And that's what she's doing. Her son Casey is a g0ddamn hero. He should be buried with honors in Arlington National Cemetary. His family, and the rest of America, should be proud of his service and dedication to something greater than himself.

Saying his mom has a right to question the policy because her son was in the Army and died is just plain stupid. At some point, all children leave the nest and go out into the world. Parents, god bless em, always want to protect them. But they can't. It's life.

RURetarded

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 03:49:27 PM »

Brainwashed??? Let's see some evidence. sh*tty cause? Well, not everyone in the world is born into freedom and privilege, like you and me. Yes, privilege, as compared to some kid in Vietnam or soemthing.

Do you think there are thousands of kids in Niger debating which law school to attend? I think not.