Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long to calculate LSAC GPA?  (Read 986 times)

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
How long to calculate LSAC GPA?
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:50:28 PM »
Hi, i am planning on sending my transcripts into lsac soon, and was wondering how long it normally takes to convert my GPA. Reason being, I am wondering if my gpa will go down or up which will thus severely effect my choices of where to apply. My LSAT is pretty week, and I am relying on my 3.67 gpa to help out. If that goes down, i need to look into a few different schools...

ps. if anyone knows how Seton Hall Undergrad is converted, that would help immensely!
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
Re: How long to calculate LSAC GPA?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 07:50:48 PM »
Send them in as soon as possible because the time frame ppl give you right now may change in a matter of weeks. At the beginning of the school semester a lot of ppl will be going to the administration office at your school to request the transcripts. As a result, this could lead to a couple of days in delay. Then, place on top of that the abundance of transcripts that LSAC will be receiving in a couple of weeks. So, all in all, it seems that waiting until September may cost you a week or two due to delays. Furthermore, why wait? Just send them in right now and you will prbly get your GPA converted in a couple a days from receipt of your transcripts at LSAC.

P.S. it took me about 1 week and a half from going to the administration office to receiving my converted LSAC GPA, this was about 2 weeks ago.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

lawgirl79

• The real man of the house....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 12:09:17 PM »
I'm still waiting on mine, FYI - I sent them in two weeks ago, and they still aren't listed with LSAC.  I'm already checking constantly - I'm gonna be a wreck when waiting for my LSAT score!

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 12:12:06 PM »
When I called about a week ago to check on a transcript I mailed personally, they were about 3-4 business days behind on processing mail.  I imagine that they are only going to get further behind with time.  Now that I'm waiting again on a transcript to be processed, I was thinking I'd give them at leat 6 business days before I call to ask.

lawgirl79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 12:38:55 PM »
I thought all transcripts had to be mailed directly from the college, no? 

LegalLassie

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 12:44:16 PM »
I got my transcripts into LSAC very early.  I got an e-mail saying they recieved them.  The next day, I had the report.  It was a lot quicker of a turn around than I expected.  Might have been because I was so early, but HTH.

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 12:56:05 PM »
Transcripts do need to be sent directly from school, but my unversity actually makes you personally take it to the mail so they don't have to waste time (odd) so I sort of sent it myself.  So you do need to send directly from the school. 

lawgirl79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 08:48:30 AM »
Gotcha - I was jealous!  Maybe if I wasn't waiting for my school to mail it out (if I could do it myself) I'd have my converted GPA by now....

willingandable

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 06:32:58 PM »
How do they calculate the GPA. Does a withdrawal or a NC class lowers ones GPA?

matts720

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 03:30:35 PM »
I got my transcripts sent out about 2-3 weeks ago, and I just got my LSDAS report in on Tuesday, so it was pretty quick for me.
Villanova 1L Class of 2009. Invading the Main Line in August.