Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: advantage of being a minority  (Read 8997 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: advantage of being a minority
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2005, 09:12:12 AM »
you can say that again...

Thansk for twisting words. I think merit is BETTER than gonig on ANY AA, I don't like AA at all, I was just merely saying if we HAD TO have it, it should be based on socioeconomic means.

vin, I know it is hard...but what is merit in your opinion?

Merit is your accomplishments, ie your GPA SAT LSAt scores, all the number things. But also activities you have participated in, and anybody can join activities in school.
Even if your school doesn't have, say, a wrestling team and you want to wrestle, you can join neighboring school's teams. My school didn't really have a band so I joined two local high school bands, all you need to do is ask.
Merit is things that often show up on resumes, job experience you have had, things like that.
Leadership, involvement, commitment, and dedication.

Wake up from la-la land......  Swat07 is right - this is totally idealistic.

I can see why you're against AA - you seem to believe that in 2005, everyone of every race is dealt the same hand of cards in American society; although the civil rights movement fought to give folks equal rights, it's amazing to me that you think that everyone truly truly has equal opportunites in this society, and do not experience race based limitations. As I have said before, sure we all can drink of out the same drinking fountaintoday, but the good ol' boys network ain't dead yet.

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...