Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Terrorism Politically Sanctioned?  (Read 1636 times)

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is Terrorism Politically Sanctioned?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2005, 04:24:35 PM »
Puerto Ricans shooting up Congress!

Also, all the stuff that happened while we were trying to get our independence from Britain.

many more examples where that came from, unless you don't even believe me there?

We were discussing modern terror, so I'm not sure why you're using the American Revolution as an example to support your claim. I could go back to the Reign of Terror but it wouldn't really prove much in the context of this discussion. And the Puerto Rican example you cited is hardly on the scale of the European terror attacks we discussed earlier in that thread.
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2005, 04:50:51 PM »
They went into Congress and started shooting up the members, how is that not bad?

Domestic terror? You want modern-day examples, yet again I cite the Puerto Rican groups that are always bombing things, have I not made myself clear yet?

I thought you were saying that Europe has faced terror longer because they are older or something like that. Clarify!

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2005, 05:25:13 PM »
They went into Congress and started shooting up the members, how is that not bad?

Domestic terror? You want modern-day examples, yet again I cite the Puerto Rican groups that are always bombing things, have I not made myself clear yet?

I thought you were saying that Europe has faced terror longer because they are older or something like that. Clarify!

No one here has said Europe has more experience with terror because it has a longer history. Rather, we were arguing that many European countries have dealt with virulent modern terror much longer than our own country has. Big difference. Re-read the thread.

Sure, Puerto Ricans shooting people is bad, but does it really compare to some of the examples we've cited in earlier threads? Compared to the Basques, Algerians and radical groups affiliated with the IRA, the Puerto Rican separatists look pretty tame.
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2005, 10:03:28 AM »
Black Panthers KKK both are domestic terrorists in my book.

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 11:55:33 AM »
Black Panthers KKK both are domestic terrorists in my book.

I agree, but have they carried out attacks on the scale of what the IRA, ETA, Red Brigades and Algerian sepratists have perpetrated? No, not even close.
--Margaret Thatcher

Ann Coulter

• Buy my book!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2005, 12:06:26 PM »
primitive thinking says "if I hurt you and take your stuff it's ok and may even be scanctioned by deity. But if you do the same to me that means you are EVIL and must be killed for the good of soci(my own interests)iety".

Primitive thinking is primitive thinking regardless of the mouth it comes out of.

*bump*

Pay attention Mr. Lizard, Pay Attention.

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2005, 11:56:55 PM »
easy there vinny.  almost every article you post comes from some obviously right-wing rag.  that's why this article is typical.

and if you understood the idea of constructive debate and disagreement, you'd know i have no problem accepting other people's opinions.  ask phan, pres or dodger.

you really remind me of this poster (hilljack) who used to raise similarly inane points with the gusto of OJ proclaiming his innocence.  now, that's sad.

At least hilljack was reasonably coherent....

Wow, a vailed compliment.

Anyway, I have taken a break from this site, but I will be back.  Just thought I would let you all know I am not gone for good; just taking a break for a few months.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »
what color "vail" is it?

yes, this hillbilly, fer sure.