Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford Waitlist Rejection  (Read 2397 times)

UrbAnprOphEt1200

• View Profile
Stanford Waitlist Rejection
« on: August 10, 2005, 08:28:34 AM »
I imagine this thread has limited appeal, but in case anyone else is still holding their breath about Stanford, I finally got the thin envelope yesterday in Northern California so there may be more to come.  Completely expected, no sympathy needed.  I felt lucky to have made it as far as I did.  Good luck to everyone else still waiting for decisions after 10 months or so....

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford Waitlist Rejection
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 09:56:03 AM »
That sucks, I'm sorry.  Would you mind sharing your stats (ugrad gpa, lsat, maybe the name of your ugrad) and where you've matriculated to for LS?  Thanks, and again, sorry.
Yale.Law.School.2010

UrbAnprOphEt1200

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 12:09:30 PM »
That sucks, I'm sorry.  Would you mind sharing your stats (ugrad gpa, lsat, maybe the name of your ugrad) and where you've matriculated to for LS?  Thanks, and again, sorry.

3.7/170 social science major URM from an lesser-known private school.  I'm headed to Penn, and by headed I mean I'm sitting in my apartment in Philadelphia already.  So far I think Penn is just plain SWeet and life couldn't be better.   

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 08:43:47 PM »

3.7/170 social science major URM from an lesser-known private school.  I'm headed to Penn, and by headed I mean I'm sitting in my apartment in Philadelphia already.  So far I think Penn is just plain SWeet and life couldn't be better.   

Whoa ... I would have thought NYU and Boalt both would have bitten the lure. But hey, Penn's a sweet deal.

UrbAnprOphEt1200

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 11:02:18 AM »
I think Boalt would have been tempting since I'm a NorCal boy and I grew up hearing alot of praise for Berkeley, but I still don't know about NYU.  I know it's a great school but as much as I would like to talk myself into it I don't think it would be a good fit for my current life situation.  (You hear that adcomms?  Go ahead and send me that waitlist rejection!)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 11:18:22 AM »
And the requisite question: Why Penn?  (isn't that one of their essay topics as well?  :)).  Or rather, why Penn over the other schools you got into? 
Yale.Law.School.2010

UrbAnprOphEt1200

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 11:38:43 AM »
And the requisite question: Why Penn?  (isn't that one of their essay topics as well?  :)).  Or rather, why Penn over the other schools you got into? 

Besides all of the trolling on xoxohth that sold me on the place, for some reason Penn was the only school that I got into that I didn't think was so full of crap when they talked about their collegiality.  The no GPA, no class rankings policy helps.  I'm a hard worker, but I'm not cut-throat.  I wanted to be on one of the coasts and I had some family reasons to be in the Philly area.  The Wharton certificate is tempting and they threw in a bit of money for me even after I sent in my deposit.  All of that just sweetened the deal for Penn.  I didn't even write the why Penn essay. I did the diversity one, but I heard that a solid why Penn is the best way to go.     

Swat, I see that you are also a Hispanic applicant aiming for some of these schools.  Swipe yourself up a good LSAT score and the best of luck to you.