Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern or Chapman?  (Read 1024 times)

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
Southwestern or Chapman?
« on: August 10, 2005, 04:43:58 AM »
I'm stuck betweem Southwestern (PT) or Chapman (FT). I don't mind going PT so I can work a little and try to pay my way. I am hoping to get a job at Skadden, Arps, Slate... through an Associate friend of mine so I might be able to make some useful contacts. I would also prefer to stay in LA for work. Chapman would not allow me to work but at least I can finish in 3 years and I really like the area and campus. I like the fact that it's associated with a university and is across the street from the undergrad campus. Going to Chapman will also allow me to apply to the JD/MBA program that SW does not offer.

What to do?
shine on

csun

• View Profile
Re: Southwestern or Chapman?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 05:09:36 AM »
well i plan to attend southwestern (FT) this fall and replied to your post on the other discussion board.  regarding your question, i think you are the one that can make the best decision possible.  you understand your situation and what you want.  i dont think anyone coming in here and telling you chapman or southwestern should make a big difference.  just weigh the pros and cons for attending each school (according to your needs) and make a final decision. either way, im sure you will be happy.  good luck!

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 07:12:55 PM »
I called Chapman and declined the offer. SW makes much more sense. I went to the bookstore today to get my LR&W books...looking forward to starting soon.

Thanks for your $0.02.

Peace
shine on

Southwestern2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 10:13:40 PM »
Congrats! Good luck with everything. If you have questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them :)

SouthWestern3L

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 12:28:16 AM »
Hey, SW does make more sense.  This is my third yera and I am loving this place. 

Good luck. 

Southwestern5L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 02:27:29 AM »
Yes, always pick mighty mighty Southwestern. We are the best choice for absolutely every student, no matter what her needs. We're as good as Yale and Harvard, the numbers that make us look bad are all lies, and a Southwestern student can become the most successful person in the world. Other schools cannot say that, because they aren't Southwestern.

Remember, we don't say our school is the best because we already go here, we go here because our school is the best!

SOUTHWESTERN FOREVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southwestern2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 03:00:17 AM »
OMG, please, just stop. You were funny for a while, but now you're just taking away from the utility of these threads.

ab3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 03:09:27 AM »
Wow.  You and I are / were in the same boat.  until today I have been stuck with Chapman v. Southwestern for the same reasons - nice campus v. LA established name.  What swayed you?  I don't know what to do myself. 

AB3

MichaelK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 08:49:46 AM »
ab3, when you go on job interviews NOBODY cares about how a nice a campus is if the school has an inferior reputation
Current 1L

Southwestern2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 01:49:29 PM »
ab3, when you go on job interviews NOBODY cares about how a nice a campus is if the school has an inferior reputation

You're absolutely right. That's why it's a good thing that Southwestern has a great reputation to go along with the beautiful campus! :)

(Of course, you're not gonna believe me, but then again, I thought St. John's was only known for b-ball and didn't even know it had a law school. BTW, MichaelK, your LSAT and GPA are similar to a lot of my classmates, though your GPA is a lot lower than some, so drop the superiority complex.)