Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: any last minute housing disasters?  (Read 618 times)

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Put the F-ing Midget in the basket!!!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
any last minute housing disasters?
« on: August 08, 2005, 09:25:28 PM »
i had all my sh*t packed on saturday and was moving from NY to MA. i arrived in MA, signed my lease and got my keys. when i entered the apt., it was NOTHING like the apartment they had showed me when i been there previously. it was a DUMP. i was shown a beautiful apt. and i was given a HOLE. i complained to the office manager who offered me a different apartment. that apt., however would not be available to 9/9. i complained profusely that her employee promised me a remodeled apartment and i was given a slum. at the last minute i contacted the housing office at the LS and fortunately, they had ONE space left  in student housing. i called the office manager and threatened to sue them for misrepresentation. they let me out of the lease. i bought $4000.00 worth of furniture and everything i would need to furnish an apt. now i dont need any of it. i cant believe this has happened a week before classes. has anyone else had a housing emergencv?

balki424

• View Profile
Re: any last minute housing disasters?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 12:07:42 PM »
I just moved in the beginning of July.  Since then, every door(closet and room) has broken, a window just broke last night, the kitchen light is broken, the oven doesn't work and 2 of the stove burners don't work.  I've gotten to the point where I just expect it now.  But I've got a roof over my head, so I can't complain too much.

manserunt

• Sr. Citizen
  • The princess on her throne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 09:37:48 PM »
had an extremely incompetent landlord moving into my new nyc apt.  enough said.

that SUCKS about your new apartment!
Attending: Fordham

MADTowner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 09:34:43 AM »
I just moved to a different house in Madison.  Got off the waitlist yesterday going to Penn State on Saturday.  They were nice enough to reserve a hotel (they have been really nice about everything), but now I have to try and rent an apartment the first week of classes!!!

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 02:16:38 PM »
WoW Madtowner...that's crazy!