Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BUSL Student Taking Questions (I'm Bored at Work!)  (Read 3288 times)

ewrwalton

• View Profile
Re: BUSL Student Taking Questions (I'm Bored at Work!)
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2005, 12:11:22 PM »
I'll be going to BU too. What's the deal with them saying we need a floppy disk drive? The new laptops don't even have them.

BUSL00

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2005, 12:20:19 PM »
If you decide to take your exams on your laptop (as almost all 1L's did this past year), as opposed to writing your exams in a bluebook, then you need a disk drive.  The exam software that BUSL uses requires that you save your exam on a disk, and then the school prints out the exams and gives the hard copies to the Professors.

So, basically that means you need an external disk drive, since, as you say, most laptops now don't have internal disk drives.  You won't need it until the end of the semester, though, so that should give you plenty of time to look around for one.

kg201

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2005, 09:28:20 PM »
Who are the best and worst 1L Professors? Do the same set of Prof's stick together in sections each year?

BUSL00

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2005, 09:55:27 AM »
Well, some professors do teach the same section every year, but there are always some adjustments if, say, a professor is taking a year off.

Has the school let you know your section assignment yet?  I think last year they actually put up our class schedules on our studentlink accounts a few weeks before the semester started, so you might check that.

Once you find out what professors you have, I can tell you what (if anything) I know about them.

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2005, 11:08:29 AM »
What about Gary Lawson?  I don't know for sure if I have him, yet, but I did sit in on his Property class when I visited.  He was...how shall I put this...not as engaging as I would have liked.  :-\
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein

BUSL00

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2005, 11:13:18 AM »
I didn't have Lawson, but I too have heard that he's not the most exciting guy around.  However, keep in mind that Property, for most people, is not the most exciting class.  I think it is pretty hard to make Property come off as very exciting.  Some may disagree, of course, but I think that is the general consensus.

kg201

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2005, 12:35:01 PM »
I went on the Student Link and it said I am registered in
LAW LA999 A1. Is A1 a section?  If so, you know any profs that are in that one?

BUSL00

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2005, 12:47:02 PM »
There will be a section A1, but I'm not sure if that is what you are really in, or if that is only filler entered into the system until they post the real section assignments.

You should be able to see your professors' names when you are on studentlink and look for your classes/schedule.  If you don't see any professors' names yet, they probably haven't posted the section assignments.

BUSL00

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2005, 11:42:02 AM »
I'm back  :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

kg201

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2005, 05:42:57 PM »
I just checked online and found out who my 1L Professors will be for this fall.  I have no idea who's good or bad.  If anyone has any info, your input is much appreciated!

Caruso - Contracts
Bone - Civil Procedure
Farnsworth - Torts
Ryckman - Property