Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Powerscore Bibles/Private Tutoring ?  (Read 2026 times)

pinkdcgal

• View Profile
    • LSN
Powerscore Bibles/Private Tutoring ?
« on: August 07, 2005, 10:32:21 AM »
I've already taken the Kaplan course and I haven't raised my score substantially. In prepping for the Oct LSAT, do you recommend the Powerscore LG and LR Bibles? I've heard good things but Im afraid of confusing myself with different techniques! I'm crunched for time now so I want to make the most out of what I have left. What are some good books out there? Has anyone done private tutoring with Kaplan? Did that help at all?

AlanShore

• Sr. Citizen
  • One day...
    • View Profile
Re: Powerscore Bibles/Private Tutoring ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 09:59:47 PM »
I took Kaplan and went from a 148 to a 158.  While many would see this as pretty good, I was shooting for at least 170 because my dream since high school has been Harvard or Yale.  To make up the extra slack, I just sat my ass down and did practice sections (over 50 by test time in addition to the 11 full length tests).  For a month leading up to the test I was no lower than 170 (once even 176), so of course I was the biggest idiot in the world and got a 167 due to missing EIGHT on the RC section.  I only missed 4 total on LR and 0 on LG.  Anyway, the moral of the story is to do as many practice sections as possible.  Good luck, unless we are competing for a spot, then bad luck.

A Shore
Corona Light with Lime:
Bud Select (WL): 3 of them
Warm Busch: Chicago, Columbia, Yale, NYU (:()
Still Brewing: too many to count
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vince Lombardi
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ChuckNorris

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 10:20:44 PM »
What was your accuracy like though?  I've heard that it's futile to start timing yourself before you get your accuracy up.

AlanShore

• Sr. Citizen
  • One day...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 08:06:14 AM »
I was consistently missing between 1-3 on LR and LG and 2-5 on RC. As you can see, I am an idiot.
Corona Light with Lime:
Bud Select (WL): 3 of them
Warm Busch: Chicago, Columbia, Yale, NYU (:()
Still Brewing: too many to count
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vince Lombardi
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ChuckNorris