Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlist acceptance by Letter or phone call?  (Read 3770 times)

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waitlist acceptance by Letter or phone call?
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2004, 03:48:49 PM »
OK Poodle Girl, I just phoned, and they said the usual re: July deposits. I asked her how many on the list, and she said that they don't keep track of how many (?), but that she's sure it's more than 20 (?). I wish I could just fast-forward a month!!

lawschool916

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2004, 04:07:59 PM »
This is very interesting.  I was actually waitlisted as well.  I sent a letter of continued interest stating some of my recent professional accomplishments and updated resume.  When I called recently to inquire about my waitlist status, they wanted to know if I was still interested and would be sending me correspondence in the next 2-3 weeks.  What does this mean?

msher3yn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2004, 04:10:41 PM »
<<Congrats! Which school pulled you off their waitlist?>>

Seton Hall--and I was really mad at first that they waitlisted me because I was not expecting it. I became the Queen of Waitlists this year. But, now I am over it and I am just happy that I got in. But now comes decision time. And I am still on several other waitlists.

JonnyLee

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2004, 05:10:46 PM »
msher-

good 4 u.  i'm also one 1 waitlist, and it's the school I want to go to, of course.  I am counting the days till July 1 and thereafter until they contact me (or not) b/c I need to know if I am relocating or not. I need closure.  you know, this year has been hell for law applicants.  two years ago, most of your WL would have been acceptances.  I think WL's allow adm. committees to have more time to review apps after they've seen the entire pool.  i'm proud of you.

msher3yn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2004, 12:59:53 PM »
Thanks--I agree. I think it is an admissions office's way of saying that they can't quite reject your application but maybe they've already taken an applicant like you or maybe they don't have any room in the class. I also agree that this year has been horrid for applying, and I hope for future applicants that it dies down. What school are you waiting on? Good luck with that--have u sent any letters of continued interest?

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2004, 12:43:03 PM »
lawstudent 916~
When you say you were waitlisted at a school did you mean McGeorge?  If so, who did you talk to?

Pendreamy~
Thanks for calling them. I  assumed that there were more than 20 people on the WL. I bet it is closer to 60. That is still not bad. I will call on Friday if I have not heard anything and will post any updates then.

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2004, 04:03:22 PM »
Just to add to my initial question...  I just noticed that the girl who got off the wailist at St. Louis U found out by mail. So I guess waitlisters can't completely forget about the mailbox. I am not sure if that is a good or a bad thing.  :-\

LawBound2004

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2004, 12:14:19 PM »
I recently e-mailed the admissions office at Hofstra University regarding the status of my application, which had been in wait list status since November.  They informed me that a decision had been mailed out last week.  Unfortunately, they could not give me the decision through e-mail/over the phone. 

The question I have is: what might this mean?  It's quite early to be called off the wait list (so I think); my understanding is there are still people on the wait list at Hofstra.  I have e-mailed others who were called off Hofstra's wait list earlier this year (spring).  Could this be a bad or good sign?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mark

pame25

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2004, 09:59:35 AM »
I called Hofstra and they informed me that they were just begining to re-review the waitlist