Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlist acceptance by Letter or phone call?  (Read 3877 times)

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waitlist acceptance by Letter or phone call?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 04:56:20 PM »
Poodle,

How many people did they say were on the waitlist at McGeorge? Do you think all the waitlist people will get in?! Keep posting, and if we do both get accepted, we should exchange email addresses. Good Luck!!

Pendreamy

twinkle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 05:05:53 PM »
Ive received 3 phone calls asking me if i was still interested

hi risk: were you there to answer all the phone calls or did they leave messages on your machine?  thanks!

onehandedreader

• Sr. Citizen
  • Balzac, Jaws of Death
    • View Profile
    • how real can one keep it?
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 06:18:13 PM »
hi risk: were you there to answer all the phone calls or did they leave messages on your machine?  thanks!

when i got the call they left a message, but were very clear about the importance returning the call as soon as possible, if i was still interested.
www.antihumanity.com
how real can one keep it?

Ginatio

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 06:51:38 PM »
sounds like the adcoms are hustling to fill seats

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 07:37:23 AM »
Pendreamy,

If I remember correctly, they said 40-60 were on the active waitlist. That was about a month ago.  I am pretty sure the list is moving, although very slowly.  I suppose we will have to wait until after July 1st for it to really get going.  I doubt everyone will get accepted though.

I called the admissions committee exactly one week ago, so it may be too early for me to call them again.  And I only expressed to them my continued interest and forgot to ask them about the active waitlist.  If you haven't called them in a while maybe you could get some info out of them?

If either one of us gets accepted, we should post on this "Waitlist" section ASAP.  Agreed? And we should definitely swap emails.  I am under the impression that you are female.  Is that correct?

risk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 07:57:24 AM »
I was there all 3 times and told them that I had already sent a deposit to CUNY

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 07:58:46 AM »
I looked back through my old post. On May 20th I wrote that 60 people were on the WL.  So maybe it has gone down some by now.  Many people have probably told them to take them off the list, as I have done with 5 other schools.  I also wrote in May that I had hoped to find out before July, but that is less 2 weeks away now. I am crossing my fingers that I will get a call today...for whatever that is worth.   

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 02:08:58 PM »
Yep, I'm female. I'll try to call this afternoon about the number on the list, and post results here. Yes, if either of us is accepted, post here. Again, good luck!!

msher3yn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2004, 02:42:02 PM »
I got off a waitlist yesterday, and they telephoned my cell phone. They told me if I was still interested they would send me my acceptance, and I have a week to send in a deposit.

clicquot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004, 02:46:55 PM »
I got off a waitlist yesterday, and they telephoned my cell phone. They told me if I was still interested they would send me my acceptance, and I have a week to send in a deposit.

Congrats! Which school pulled you off their waitlist?
No one likes a cry baby!