Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlist acceptance by Letter or phone call?  (Read 3829 times)

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
Waitlist acceptance by Letter or phone call?
« on: June 17, 2004, 01:02:27 PM »
Just wondering if applicants admitted off waitlists are usually notified by phone or letter or email. It seems as if Ad Committees might want to speed up the process and not wait for postal service to deliver a letter.  Then again, there are not too many admissions committees who care about saving time.

Am I wasting my time waiting anxiously for the regular mail??? 

Prof. Kingsfield

• View Profile
Re: Waitlist acceptance by Letter or phone call?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 01:22:11 PM »
Hey PG,

I've heard that you usually get a phone call followed by a letter.
I'm sure this isn't always the rule (maybe some Email) though.

Good luck

clicquot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 01:29:43 PM »
I was pulled off a wait list and notified by phone, as were many others on this board. I wouldn't bother waiting for the mailman to bring you an admittance. It seems that at this point, admissions committees want to know if you plan to accept or deny an admittance ASAP. This allows them to quickly pull your name off of the list and go on to the next person. Unfortunately, your destiny is like many others on this board, constantly keeping cell phone ringers on high and keeping their phones by their sides at all times. I am in a similar position. I am still waitlisted at 2 schools and my cell phone is both a trusted and despised friend.
No one likes a cry baby!

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 01:31:21 PM »
That makes sense.  Anyone else know anything about it.  Second deposits are not due until July 1st, (which I think is rather late) so I might not hear for several more weeks...It has already been 6 months now, but who's counting?

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 01:33:38 PM »
I do not have a landline anymore, so I have been keeping my cellphone at home.  Maybe I should take your advise and keep it glued to my side

twinkle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 01:58:14 PM »
Out of curiosity, if you are not at home, will they leave you a message?  Or will they go on to the next person on the list? :-\
thanx!

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 02:22:02 PM »
Surely they would leave a message.  I doubt admissions is that arbitrary...or is it? 

Ginatio

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 02:28:26 PM »
so in order to improve my position on the WL, do you guys think it would be worth it to update Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia by sending them a final transcript at $15 a pop? or should I just leave it up to them at this point?

sorry for piggybacking on this thread. :)

risk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 03:07:26 PM »
Ive received 3 phone calls asking me if i was still interested

whiteal6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 03:51:30 PM »
so in order to improve my position on the WL, do you guys think it would be worth it to update Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia by sending them a final transcript at $15 a pop? or should I just leave it up to them at this point?

sorry for piggybacking on this thread. :)

Once you're admitted somewhere, you'll have to send in a final transcript anyway. So I guess if your transcript improved any by higher grades, I would go ahead and send the update to them.  It might not get there in time, and even if it does, it might not make any difference, but it doesn't hurt to try.