Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Texas -- ding ding ding  (Read 1801 times)

Captain Cooley

University of Texas -- ding ding ding
« on: August 06, 2005, 01:51:56 AM »
After being on the waitlist for 3 grueling months my good friend was finally rejected by the University of Texas Law School. He had a strange undergraduate career. He transfered colleges twice, and took two years off. The university he graduated from (3.7 gpa) was good however, and so was his 169 LSAT score, but my friend never really formed any lasting relationships at the schools he attended, and failed to work up the nerves to ask a teacher for a recommendation. This, in my opinion, is what killed his chances. Everything else about his app was stellar, but my friend is a minantrhopist, he hates talking to people. He only likes doing three things, making love, smoking his herbs, and making money -- no small talk at all. Should someone be punished because they are a smoocher? I would argue that my friends personality is conducive to being a great lawyer, but alas, with the flawed application process used by school, this diamond was not found in the rough.

sarmstrong806

Re: University of Texas -- ding ding ding
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 01:59:25 AM »
I don't know if this is a flame but,

On the contrary, someone who can't ask for LOR's is not going to be a good lawyer. Lawyers unfortunately have to talk to people, it is rumored that they have to do so every day. I can't believe someone motivated enough to get a good GPA / LSAT combo couldn't take care of that part of the app.

Everyone likes making money, so you are down to smoking herb and making love. His credentials sound better suited for living on someone's couch in Austin and waking up for munchies or Phish concerts.

lightessenz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 06:07:47 PM »
Let me clarify: Did he actually get any LORs?  Did he send substandard ones?

SkullTatt

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 06:10:46 PM »
Maybe he should be a pimp.