Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What about the FBI???  (Read 2997 times)

twelvehundred

Re: What about the FBI???
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2005, 12:09:46 PM »
By the way, I can't say I'm impressed when someone mentions military as if it's some kind of big deal hot shot qualification (unless you're an officer). It's a bit of a default job (unless you're an officer), and it's just not P.C. to say so these days. I, on the other hand, am not that polite. Any job that one can get with only a GED is a default job.

Anyone who has joined the US military in the last four years did so knowing that they may be deployed to a combat zone.  Risking your life for this country in Afghanistan or Iraq is not a default job. 

hammer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 12:17:16 PM »
Kentucky go do some pushups your avatar looks like you could use a few. I didn't join the military out of "default."

hylas99

• Sr. Citizen
  • The gypsy woman is watching you now
    • View Profile
    • Urban Sun
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 04:22:56 PM »
Thanks for listing the criteria. I don't think I will be applying, but thanks anyhow.

social drinker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 04:31:06 PM »

By the way, I can't say I'm impressed when someone mentions military as if it's some kind of big deal hot shot qualification (unless you're an officer). It's a bit of a default job (unless you're an officer), and it's just not P.C. to say so these days. I, on the other hand, am not that polite. Any job that one can get with only a GED is a default job.

What a great way to talk out of your ass.  So how long did you serve?  Ah, ok.  You do realize, of course, that many people serve in the armed forces for reasons other than employment, right?  Tradition, family legacy, pride, discipline, etc all come to mind.

What we have here is just another example of someone talking about what he knows nothing about.

CRDFNSKY

• NEEERDSSS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 05:06:18 PM »
My avatar is a local personal injury attorney named Darryl Issacs who everyone around town has a good laugh about. He's called the Kentucky Hammer and his slogan is "One call, that's all. We'll get you the money you deserve." He also calls himself "The Heavy Hitter" quite appropriately.

And as far as the push-ups go, I'm a competitive sprint distance triathlete, former college lacrosse player, varsity lettered all three seasons and all four years in high school in cross-country, ice hockey and lacrosse. Also, I was last years power lifting champ for my weight class at the university where I attended graduate school. Push-ups are old news.

But, I managed to stir up some *&^% here it looks like. Mission accomplished (in Bush propaganda terms). I'll guess you'll never know how I really feel about the military. At 30, I'm a little old for service. I'd rather not be enlisted with a bunch of eighteen year olds, and I'm to old to have much a future as an officer. See, I know this because I talked to a Marine recruiter last year when I was considering my options regarding careers. That's almost the same way I know about the FBI. That info came from an FBI interviewer via a friend who interviewed with the FBI. Maybe you should read my posts a little more carefully. You see, I rely on good sources. I Had fun hijacking this thread. Later

social drinker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 05:13:16 PM »
That was a great way to "explain" yourself but you didn't justify your assenine remarks about enlisted military service.  Of course, being 30 and finding pleasure in childishly "hijacking" threads is sad enough to where I wouldn't be able to debate you without kid gloves on, anyway.

Carry on, Mary.

CRDFNSKY

• NEEERDSSS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2005, 05:26:46 PM »
Sheeit mofo. And to think I zealously stuck up for you in the thread about credit where you posted about the 45 day period on credit report disputes. That girl got downright snotty with you, and I backed you up. That's the last time I have anyone's back here. Sheeit.

social drinker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2005, 05:34:33 PM »
Haha.  Took up for me?  I was stating what I knew on a subject of interest and posting links for her to continue her own research if she were so inclined.  I was not making assinine blanket statements for the sole purpose of creating animosity.  Don't sweat "taking up for" me, sport. 

Go ahead and try to defend what you said with evidence.  You cannot do it.  Your statements are untrue, unfounded, and idiotic. 

BoscoBreaux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2005, 05:47:59 PM »
FYI, but I heard that the CIA likes to recruit agents from Notre Dame or BYU. I guess it has to do with the fact that they want ppl who believe it is the agentís moral duty to do anything possible to defend the country. This was said in the book about that rogue CIA agent that went off to CUBA and named other undercover agents. This led to the murder of an undercover agent in Greece. Also, led to the legislation that Karl Rove is currently under investigation of violating. I forgot the name of the book but Iíll attempt to find it. From what I heard that it is available for purchase in Canada.

U of Miami is also popular in this regard, for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't dig too deeply here. Let us assume that the FBI does recruit at certain schools over others. It may be logical that going to a conservative school, whose student body may be more likely to be influenced by a law enforcement recruiter, would be more fruitful than going to a place like Univ of Oregon, which has a strong civil rights reputation and is more likely to view law enforcement with suspicion. Of course, partisans can make the argument that conservatives are more likey to evade the law in pursuit of the own self-righteous sense of morality, and hence may be helpful to the FBI nowadays, but I doubt there is a systemic and deliberate attempt to find persons whose moral sands shift. (Can't say the same for the Attorney General's Office.) In reality, for every G. Gordon Liddy (who thinks it is okay to violate the law if we are protecting ourselves from liberals) there are 100 honest agents who respect the letter and purpose of the law.

MR2Tyler

• Vrroom.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MR2Tyler
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2005, 09:10:50 PM »
    4. An applicant who has used any illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991),other than marijuana, within the last ten years or more than five times in oneís life[/] will be found unsuitable for employment.

Think that's five times per drug?  I'm trying to decide whether I squeak by   8)
Won:  Idaho ($$)
Lost:  USC, UW, UC Davis (Whipped like a Yugo in F1)
Still Racing:  W&M