Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Long Island Apartments  (Read 689 times)

rainmkr07

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Hofstra Law!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rainmkr07
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Rainmkr07
    • View Profile
    • Email
Long Island Apartments
« on: June 17, 2004, 12:40:54 PM »
I am trying to find a 1 bedroom apartment near Hempstead, NY on Long Island (as close to Hofstra University as possible).

Talk about challenging!  This is harder than the law school application process was lol.

I have been trying to find a place for under $1000 a month, and I don't really want to share a house or anything.  So I have been looking into places like www.rentwavecrest.com but they require that you earn $28,000 per year.  I will have no problems paying for rent, because of financial aid money of course, but that doesn't count as an income, so getting into large complexes like this, which is really what I want, seems to be impossible.  I am currently checking into a place called www.zararealty.com  hoping they might be able to help me out.  rent.com, apartments.com, and craigslist.com have many listings, but no luck yet.

How frustrating!  =)  Is anyone else having fun trying to find an apartment?

Ryan

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Long Island Apartments
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 12:45:39 PM »
best bet is for you to get your parents or someone to cosign the lease for you.  otherwise, itll be hard anywhere you go...

good luck.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Louder Than Bombs

Re: Long Island Apartments
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 04:33:57 PM »
Hello. As a native Long Islander I can tell you that your best bet is to find an illegal apartment in someone's house. You'll get the most space/best place for the lowest amount of money. Try reading Newsday, as well as ad-only papers like the 'PennySaver' and such - those are usually pretty good. Hofstra is pretty easy to get to, so I'd recommend getting an apartment outside of the Hempstead/Uniondale area (it's not really a nice area) - maybe a 15-20 minute drive won't be too bad.