Law School Discussion

Why do some people say "write the LSAT"...

Re: Why do some people say "write the LSAT"...
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 04:03:26 PM »
Considering the "I have a 4.0 from Harvard and a 179 and worked with Mother Theresa in calcutta - what are my chances" threads, this is nothing!

;D

LOL! did someone actually post that?

ningirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 05:59:30 PM »
Yeah, I had a Canadian professor who always said "write the exam," and I couldn't understand why.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 06:05:54 PM »
I am used to all my life hearing and saying 'take the exam', but actually 'write the exam' does make more sense, especially the essay exams that we will be writing in law school...

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 09:15:17 PM »
So far in undergraduate I've had almost all written exams, but to me, writing the exam is what the professor does.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 09:28:37 PM »
So far in undergraduate I've had almost all written exams, but to me, writing the exam is what the professor does.

And the students.

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 09:42:12 PM »
yeah I guess in the sense of giver and taker of a task. I guess we say 'take' because the description is simply of doing, or taking, an assigned task, rather than saying writing which seems more independent...lol like yeah I am just writing or scribling on the test, rather than doing the specific task required on the test..

06hopeful

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2005, 09:58:10 AM »
Thanks for entertaining another anal post...I just think it sounds weird to "write" a multiple choice exam. 

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2005, 10:48:42 AM »
Thanks for entertaining another anal post...I just think it sounds weird to "write" a multiple choice exam. 

We should all just bubble in our writing sample  :D

jhare

• AOL Instant Messenger - moonmeadowe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2005, 11:00:06 AM »
To me, 'write' implies creation. So to write _________ implies that ________ did not exist until you wrote it.

When I refer to the exam, I am referring to what I receive before I start to write (on) it, take it, whatever. I write my answers, but to me these do not constitute the exam but rather my response to the exam. The exam to me is the set of questions that I receive.

Again 'take' doesn't really make sense either. I vote for 'do'

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2005, 11:05:53 AM »
To me, 'write' implies creation. So to write _________ implies that ________ did not exist until you wrote it.

When I refer to the exam, I am referring to what I receive before I start to write (on) it, take it, whatever. I write my answers, but to me these do not constitute the exam but rather my response to the exam. The exam to me is the set of questions that I receive.

Again 'take' doesn't really make sense either. I vote for 'do'

I makes sense; it just sounds so dirrty.