Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is anyone else not worried?  (Read 475 times)

karita624

• View Profile
Is anyone else not worried?
« on: August 05, 2005, 11:31:03 AM »
With law school starting in just a couple of weeks, I am surprised at how unconcerned I am. I haven't prepped at all, I have been bumming around fro most of the summer, and the thought of sitting in a library in less than a month is so far from my mind that I am starting to wonder about my apathy.

Is anyone else going through this?

geni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else not worried?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 11:59:27 AM »
I am not worried about law school.  I am confident that it will be a valuable experience for me and I think I will do well in that environment. 

But, in all honesty, I am a little nervous simply because it will be a new experience for me.  I think anytime we do something new, there is some natural level of nervousness (not overwhelming, abject fear - just a vague nervousness) about the unknown.  So, to me, your sense of complete apathy is odd and surprising.

Unlike you, law school has been very much on my mind.  I am excited about getting started!  Bring it on!!

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 06:33:23 AM »
I'm not really worried. I have done some prep work, but I'm not killing myself. I already have a graduate degree and a very good job, though, so I don't really need the JD. I'm just going for the fun of it. The company is picking up the tab, so I really have nothing to lose (except more sleep).

I also just recently learned that my company may transfer me out of state at some point next year, so I may have to drop law school anyway. Where I would be transferred, there are no evening division programs within a decent driving distance. Que sera...

Dunkelzimmer

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dunke1zimmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 03:19:14 AM »
I personally share Nantucket's exact mental approach to this whole law school business.  The time has come, bring on the slaughter and may the best man win.

I've been aiming this way for a few years now, and it took me 2 whole years to prepare for the LSAT to get to where I want to be.  So all this is creeping back up on me a week before intro week: I've second guessed myself many times as to my abilities.

But after moving out all my sh*t today, I received a welcome email from the law school and I realized that I had completely forgotten the purpose of my sore arms and sunburnt neck.  Sometimes, I just get lost and fail to see the big picture momentarily.

But life will be good for the next three years.

Going from a Slug... to an Aggie.  Davis '08

"MAN PROPOSES, AND GOD DISPOSES." -TOLSTOY