Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: www.HowardUHomecoming.com  (Read 3737 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: www.HowardUHomecoming.com
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2005, 02:19:18 PM »
hey blue :).. responded to your question in the orientation thread
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

faith2005

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2005, 02:22:11 PM »
you mean sankofa bookstore? like arts under the stars? how long has it been going on? thats one of my favorite places to go. haile gerima is amazing! i have to go before i leave...

no ma'am. .dont get me confused with HBC  :D :D.. i wear preppy clothing.. but i'll throw on some sweats and a tshirt or some jeans with an "eclectic" shirt in a minute...

just didn't wear it to class very often.. moreso in undergrad though...

can u imagine me going to Sankofa with a french cuffed blouse on with some slacks?? wouldn't happen :P

really? i thought you were all about the preppy stuff all the time. but definitely this style of clothes is 80% of my wardrobe, with 20% being suits and stuff. i think that will be changing shortly though.

and yeah, off the map isn't dc. i couldn't remember what folks say down here. but i do here tight alot. i guess i have some more learning to do.  :D

:D  i wouldn't be shocked.. i dress like that as well faith....

you know what? y'all corporate sistas would be shocked. i'm at work right now. its dress down friday. which is supposed to be business casual. i have on jeans, a red and black t-shirt with the continent of africa on the front and black leather wedges. i don't think i'm ready for dress at a law firm. seriously. lol!  :D

John Galt

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 02:28:05 PM »
Homecomin better be better than last year

Did you go last year? Didn't it pour all through YardFest?

Of course I went to yardfest...and it rained, but not pouring. The only thing that was tight was the afta party at dream, but it ended early. I don't think anyone really worth listening to showed up last year.

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 02:29:18 PM »
hey blue :).. responded to your question in the orientation thread

Hey Blk! Thanks, at least now I know what to expect.
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 02:31:42 PM »

Of course I went to yardfest...and it rained, but not pouring. The only thing that was tight was the afta party at dream, but it ended early. I don't think anyone really worth listening to showed up last year.

Yeah last year sucked horribly...and the year before that...and the year before that lol.  I don't think I enjoyed homecoming as much since my freshmen year (2000)
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2005, 02:32:10 PM »

Party animal. I use Homecoming as an opportunity to catch up on my studying/homework/projects  :-\

You should be my date this year  ;D
Who's your Daddy now?

faith2005

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2005, 02:36:57 PM »
my friends and i had fun. maybe b/c we hadn't seen so many black people in one place since I don't even know when. the joys of graduating from a pwi... :D

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2005, 02:39:32 PM »
yeah.. near howard.. i don't know how long it's been going on but i used to hang out on U street corridor...whenever I had the chance

you mean sankofa bookstore? like arts under the stars? how long has it been going on? thats one of my favorite places to go. haile gerima is amazing! i have to go before i leave...

no ma'am. .dont get me confused with HBC  :D :D.. i wear preppy clothing.. but i'll throw on some sweats and a tshirt or some jeans with an "eclectic" shirt in a minute...

just didn't wear it to class very often.. moreso in undergrad though...

can u imagine me going to Sankofa with a french cuffed blouse on with some slacks?? wouldn't happen :P

really? i thought you were all about the preppy stuff all the time. but definitely this style of clothes is 80% of my wardrobe, with 20% being suits and stuff. i think that will be changing shortly though.

and yeah, off the map isn't dc. i couldn't remember what folks say down here. but i do here tight alot. i guess i have some more learning to do.  :D

:D  i wouldn't be shocked.. i dress like that as well faith....

you know what? y'all corporate sistas would be shocked. i'm at work right now. its dress down friday. which is supposed to be business casual. i have on jeans, a red and black t-shirt with the continent of africa on the front and black leather wedges. i don't think i'm ready for dress at a law firm. seriously. lol!  :D

blue.. howard's homecoming was the ish 99.. howard v hampton game... i've only been to the game..yardfest and the stepshow though.. not really into the parties

faith i feel u.. going to a hbcu while attending a pwi is a breath of fresh air
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2005, 03:14:09 PM »
A good friend of mine has been doing the website for the past five years I believe. I'm definetly going to be out there for Homecoming.
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

John Galt

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2005, 03:44:58 PM »

Party animal. I use Homecoming as an opportunity to catch up on my studying/homework/projects  :-\

You should be my date this year  ;D

see, you are a dork. I'm a turn you out this year, so i'll be your date. But you have to submit to me...completely.