Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: www.HowardUHomecoming.com  (Read 3841 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: www.HowardUHomecoming.com
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 12:58:59 PM »
they won't let us get away with jeans for dress down friday. I'm sittin here in a polo and some slacks jealous
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

lex19

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 01:03:41 PM »
at my huge ass firm anything flies on friday unless there was a client meeting, and business casual for mon-thur...again unlss you're an attorney and have a meeting

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 01:32:42 PM »
 :D  i wouldn't be shocked.. i dress like that as well faith....

you know what? y'all corporate sistas would be shocked. i'm at work right now. its dress down friday. which is supposed to be business casual. i have on jeans, a red and black t-shirt with the continent of africa on the front and black leather wedges. i don't think i'm ready for dress at a law firm. seriously. lol!  :D
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 01:45:20 PM »
yeah youn'un i'm cised. the join' is goin to be off the map. :D :D

(insert) "that join' gone be tight"

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 01:49:32 PM »
put on one of those M&M car jackets when you say that.. :D :D :D

yeah youn'un i'm cised. the join' is goin to be off the map. :D :D

(insert) "that join' gone be tight"
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

faith2005

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 01:55:02 PM »
really? i thought you were all about the preppy stuff all the time. but definitely this style of clothes is 80% of my wardrobe, with 20% being suits and stuff. i think that will be changing shortly though.

and yeah, off the map isn't dc. i couldn't remember what folks say down here. but i do here tight alot. i guess i have some more learning to do.  :D

you know what? y'all corporate sistas would be shocked. i'm at work right now. its dress down friday. which is supposed to be business casual. i have on jeans, a red and black t-shirt with the continent of africa on the front and black leather wedges. i don't think i'm ready for dress at a law firm. seriously. lol!  :D

John Galt

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 01:58:21 PM »
Homecomin better be better than last year

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
no ma'am. .dont get me confused with HBC  :D :D.. i wear preppy clothing.. but i'll throw on some sweats and a tshirt or some jeans with an "eclectic" shirt in a minute...

just didn't wear it to class very often.. moreso in undergrad though...

can u imagine me going to Sankofa with a french cuffed blouse on with some slacks?? wouldn't happen :P

really? i thought you were all about the preppy stuff all the time. but definitely this style of clothes is 80% of my wardrobe, with 20% being suits and stuff. i think that will be changing shortly though.

and yeah, off the map isn't dc. i couldn't remember what folks say down here. but i do here tight alot. i guess i have some more learning to do.  :D

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2005, 02:14:12 PM »
Ok I din't go to a HBCU so maybe I just don't get it. But has anyone looked at the time and quality involved in HowardUHomecoming.com and looked at the law schools site where at this point I don't even believe the link is up. Now I am seriously considering howard because I realize the website doesn't reflect the quality of the school. However don't you think this kind of leaves a bad impression especially for a school that holds professionalism so highly.

The Homecoming Steering Committee handles everything regarding Homecoming, not Howard University.  Also, please note that the Homecoming has corporate sponsorships, and we make mad loot for Washington, DC.  Don't get it twisted, if we had half of the money going into the actual law school from outside donors like we do for Homecoming, I'm sure it would be up to par.  On the old law school website, it mentioned that a new website would be up shortly anyway.
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2005, 02:16:47 PM »
Homecomin better be better than last year

Did you go last year? Didn't it pour all through YardFest?

Who's your Daddy now?