Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Orientation Thread  (Read 9136 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Orientation Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2005, 10:26:37 AM »
ol boy in the hustler t-shirt i was talking about earlier is my new best friend.  :P

see there, look at that. and you were ready to talk about him. now he's your home skillet

not him!  just the shirt caught me off guard.  :P

yeaaaaaaaah, you're chillin with the white-T man
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2005, 05:52:41 AM »
I didn't know there was anybody else on BLSD going to UMich.  Looks like I'll see you there anoddduck.  Unfortunately I can't make it to the MAP thing although it looks like a great opportunity. 

Maybe I can sneak my way into the extra help sessions you MAP participants get  ;)

I thought you were going to Georgetown?

Thanks for informing a brotha  . . . .

Sorry Vic, guess it slipped my mind :)
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2005, 10:53:05 PM »
I will inform everyone of my first orientation and how it feels to be on the other side. Good luck to everyone during orientation and through out law school. I am sure that everyone will do very well in law school. Everyone try to relax about everything and just do the best you can. After all, that is really all that you can do.
Thanks LP.  Is anyone else scared?  Damm, Im like shaking in my boots or something, like Im about to walk over coals or some sh*t :-[

You are welcome.  Of course most people are scared. It is a new experience and there is a lot riding on it.  Try to have fun and enjoy the experience.  Afterall, you only go through this experience once.
Back in the saddle again.

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2005, 10:33:17 AM »
Damn, LP, you're making me scared . . . .lol.  :D

I will inform everyone of my first orientation and how it feels to be on the other side. Good luck to everyone during orientation and through out law school. I am sure that everyone will do very well in law school. Everyone try to relax about everything and just do the best you can. After all, that is really all that you can do.
Thanks LP.  Is anyone else scared?  Damm, Im like shaking in my boots or something, like Im about to walk over coals or some sh*t :-[

You are welcome. Of course most people are scared. It is a new experience and there is a lot riding on it. Try to have fun and enjoy the experience. Afterall, you only go through this experience once.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2005, 11:58:02 AM »
 :D
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2005, 06:58:19 PM »
You are funny SMU.  In fact, you have gotten a lot funnier since you got yourself a boyfriend. 

Now, my orientation went very well.  I had a good time and enjoyed myself.  They have their biggest class ever, they have 210 1Ls.  It was a week long orientation session.  It just concluded today.  I had  my first faculty meeting which lasted for 5 hours.  It looks like it is going to be a fun and exciting year.  How did everyone elses orientation go??

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2005, 11:08:06 PM »
You are funny SMU.  In fact, you have gotten a lot funnier since you got yourself a boyfriend. 

Now, my orientation went very well.  I had a good time and enjoyed myself.  They have their biggest class ever, they have 210 1Ls.  It was a week long orientation session.  It just concluded today.  I had  my first faculty meeting which lasted for 5 hours.  It looks like it is going to be a fun and exciting year.  How did everyone elses orientation go??

Our orientation was more like baptism by fire. We had 2 briefs and like 5 assignments due the first two days. And we have to read a whole freakiní book. Then at the end of orientation they say welcome to law school and they just gave us all that to make us expect the worse, said don't worry about it cause almost no one fails, and see us at the happy hour.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2005, 02:31:18 AM »
Sounds like you had a good time.  I am sure that when you look back the experience will be beneficial.  I wish you the best luck this first year and throughout all three years of law school.  How did you enjoy the experience?

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2005, 03:04:02 AM »
I didn't have orientation . . .  ;D

But I have participated in welcoming minorities to SMU at a few events this week. I will continue to do so throughout the semester, and hopefully throughout my life.  After going through the hazing of 1hell, I feel obligated to share any resources that I might have with the up and coming law students, class of 2008 and beyond.

Hi LP . . .I'm glad you think I'm funny . . . ;D :-* ;)
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2005, 07:18:55 PM »
Well, even though you didnt have orientation for yourself, you did get a chance to participate in orientation it seems to give back and be there for support for incoming students.  I am very proud of you.  Keep up the good work. 

Hi SMU....Does your boyfriend know you are blowing me kisses and winking at me??