Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Orientation Thread  (Read 8841 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Orientation Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2005, 03:21:56 PM »
 :D

ol boy in the hustler t-shirt i was talking about earlier is my new best friend.  :P
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2005, 09:43:39 AM »
ol boy in the hustler t-shirt i was talking about earlier is my new best friend.  :P

see there, look at that. and you were ready to talk about him. now he's your home skillet
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2005, 01:14:21 PM »
Tag...

I think people should wear what they want, however they shouldn't look sloppy. Besides first impressions are everything.
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2005, 02:07:27 PM »
Cartel, make sure your school doesn't offer free dial up service . . .mine does. . . our wonderful money used for student fees put to good use. You will want to have internet access when classes are cancelled or assignments are modified . . .at my school, all of this was done online.

Good luck to all the 1Ls!!!  ;D
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2005, 02:53:57 PM »
Cartel, make sure your school doesn't offer free dial up service . . .mine does. . . our wonderful money used for student fees put to good use. You will want to have internet access when classes are cancelled or assignments are modified . . .at my school, all of this was done online.

Good luck to all the 1Ls!!!  ;D

I have dial up. Just don't have a land line phone. One of my fellow apartmentites got a killer deal on cable so If I can manage to get that same deal without putting her out their I'll get a land line also

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2005, 12:40:49 AM »
I didn't know there was anybody else on BLSD going to UMich.  Looks like I'll see you there anoddduck.  Unfortunately I can't make it to the MAP thing although it looks like a great opportunity. 

Maybe I can sneak my way into the extra help sessions you MAP participants get  ;)

I thought you were going to Georgetown?

Thanks for informing a brotha  . . . .

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2005, 02:03:17 AM »
What up peeps?  First day of orientation and all I can say was it was a trip...definitely an experience...I will refrain from blasting anyone.  However we did have a "White tee" guy but he could pull it off because he had on gym shorts, flip flops and gold fronts...and I'm not even lying...other than that it was pretty boring...Oh yeah a prof. that was talking picked on a blind guy because she thought he was sleep, he was just turned sideways so he could hear her better..

I feel so bad for laughing at this when I first read it..

Imagine how I felt I was there and I "DID" laugh  ;D ;D

Hey Made, where are you going to school??
Back in the saddle again.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2005, 02:05:34 AM »
I will inform everyone of my first orientation and how it feels to be on the other side.  Good luck to everyone during orientation and through out law school.  I am sure that everyone will do very well in law school.  Everyone try to relax about everything and just do the best you can.  After all, that is really all that you can do.
Back in the saddle again.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2005, 08:11:38 AM »
I will inform everyone of my first orientation and how it feels to be on the other side. Good luck to everyone during orientation and through out law school. I am sure that everyone will do very well in law school. Everyone try to relax about everything and just do the best you can. After all, that is really all that you can do.
Thanks LP.  Is anyone else scared?  Damm, Im like shaking in my boots or something, like Im about to walk over coals or some sh*t :-[
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

seu2002

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2005, 11:23:34 AM »

see there, look at that. and you were ready to talk about him. now he's your home skillet

not him!  just the shirt caught me off guard.  :P